coin toss | Syracusefan.com

coin toss

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Can we please not defer if we win the coin toss Saturday? Everytime we do we allow the opponent to score and take out the crowd right from the get go. I want to see us on offense first and a quick score

Can we please not defer if we win the coin toss Saturday? Everytime we do we allow the opponent to score and take out the crowd right from the get go. I want to see us on offense first and a quick score

we are 3-0 on home coin tosses and have deferred each time. i like deferring but you have to stop them quick the first drive and get back good field position.

I guess with toledo fresh in my mind, and remembering Pitt last year ... I just wanna see Cuse get a quick start saturday

I guess with toledo fresh in my mind, and remembering Pitt last year ... I just wanna see Cuse get a quick start saturday

Yeah but Toledo pretty much played right into our hands. Sure the D was on the field longer than it wanted to be, but our own offense was on pace to give them a nice rest while likely tying the score (or going up by 4), until the errant snap, of course. If you had told me that their dangerous offense would be limited to 3-points on one possession in the first quarter, and we would actually be tied or even up, AND we would be getting the ball back to start the second half, I would have taken it every single time.

We have played great football late in games, doing whatever was necessary to win the close contests, but I think people overlook how different our games could be if we are just able to shelf the early mistakes. This is not an excuse, you can't just pretend that things like Provo's first drop during Wake and Macky's snap against Toledo didn't happen... but they are correctable mistakes, and offer hope that at some point this season we can play a couple complete games and really start to look like the team we are capable of being. Perhaps it happens on Saturday at HIGH NOON.

we are 3-0 on home coin tosses and have deferred each time. i like deferring but you have to stop them quick the first drive and get back good field position.
We're also 3-0 in games where we've won the coin toss and deferred. We're 0-1 when the opponent wins the toss, defers and we score first. So obviously we need to continue letting the other team score first, it's the only way to win. ;)

The only score that matters is when the game is over (except for Toledo).

We're also 3-0 in games where we've won the coin toss and deferred. We're 0-1 when the opponent wins the toss, defers and we score first. So obviously we need to continue letting the other team score first, it's the only way to win. ;)

The only score that matters is when the game is over (except for Toledo).

Difficult to argue with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom