Coker | Syracusefan.com

Coker

bothsocksup

Starter
How'd he progress in the spring, i dunno why but I've always been bullish on him

How'd he progress in the spring, i dunno why but I've always been bullish on him

I assume if he wasn't ready to be a top reserve and potentially see the field, then there's no way that Spruill would have been moved outside.

Hasn't been much talk that I've seen of the Spruill move (other than speculation on an older depth chart), but I think it's a good thing. Should keep our 3 best LBs on the field. I'm guessing that he won't stay behind Vaughan for long.

I assume if he wasn't ready to be a top reserve and potentially see the field, then there's no way that Spruill would have been moved outside.

Hasn't been much talk that I've seen of the Spruill move (other than speculation on an older depth chart), but I think it's a good thing. Should keep our 3 best LBs on the field. I'm guessing that he won't stay behind Vaughan for long.

I read somewhere Spruill is in front of D. Davis, Diabate in the middle, Vaughn on the other side..

There was on article on TOS that mentioned Spruill at the WILL but preseason depth chart had him strong side.

There was on article on TOS that mentioned Spruill at the WILL but preseason depth chart had him strong side.

Which one did he play as a freshman?

I'd be surprised to see Davis come out of the starting lineup. I know it's been discussed plenty that he wasn't always in position last year, and needs to work on tackling fundamentals. But he was a true freshman in his first year playing that spot, would seem crazy to make him 2nd team now. I'd hope that Spruill, Diabate, Davis were the starters, with Lynch getting time in pass rush situations, Vaughan and Coker being key backups. If Coker has stepped it up, that's a position that drops way down the depth chart worry list.

It seems like Coker's not smart enough to play from what I've heard, which sucks because he's a great athlete.

Which one did he play as a freshman?

I'd be surprised to see Davis come out of the starting lineup. I know it's been discussed plenty that he wasn't always in position last year, and needs to work on tackling fundamentals. But he was a true freshman in his first year playing that spot, would seem crazy to make him 2nd team now. I'd hope that Spruill, Diabate, Davis were the starters, with Lynch getting time in pass rush situations, Vaughan and Coker being key backups. If Coker has stepped it up, that's a position that drops way down the depth chart worry list.

There was interview on TOS with Davis and Spruill discussing this move...

It seems like Coker's not smart enough to play from what I've heard, which sucks because he's a great athlete.

So just bring him in to blitz, haha.

Agreed. I was very impressed with Coker when we landed him as a recruit, and seeing him in some practices early in his career. No doubt in my mind he could be a contributor if he could ever figure things out.

So just bring him in to blitz, haha.
Sure, because blitzing is all about just running straight at the QB...:rolleyes:

If he can't make reads and audibles I don't want him playing MIKE. Very dangerous.

Sure, because blitzing is all about just running straight at the QB...:rolleyes:

If he can't make reads and audibles I don't want him playing MIKE. Very dangerous.
Something doesnt add up. If he is having a hard time grasping the playbook why would they keep him at MIKE?

Clearly a joke... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom