Cokers hit on the punt returner? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cokers hit on the punt returner?

From my vantage point at the game, the flag was definitely thrown before Coker even made contact. I said to my buddies that there was no way that was a penalty on the hit. It had to have been for something else. Boy was I wrong.

When I first saw it live I though it was a bad call but those things happen so fast I could understand how they could get it wrong. Then I watched the play three times on replay and it was really just a very bad call.

This was the point of the game where I started doing other things and listening to the game in the background. There is nothing that frustrates more than seeing bad calls by the Refs when we're doing a great job losing on our own.

Last edited:
Thought it was funny being at the game, they would never show certain replays that were questionable. That was one of them and so was the bogus roughing the passer call too.

Or the blocked punt where the GT player picked up the ball then dropped it but it wasn't a change of possession in the refs eyes.

Ok, so...my bride is a 3rd shift RN....my reaction to that call woke her up....should I say more?

I recall the 1996 game v. Miami Quinton Spotwood was his BEFORE the ball got there. The ball, in the replay, actually hit the Mimai player in the right shoulder-pad as he was hitting #8. That was a fumble awarded to Miami...

So, yea, to sum up. ACC refs can all F themselves with a hot poker.

NO call in history has angered me more than that one. The refs claimed the defender was blocked into Spotswood. There was contact but it was in THE OTHER DIRECTION. As i recall, the subsequent touchdown gave them a 10-28 lead and then we came back and almost beat them. it would have given us an out-right conference title and put us in a BCS bowl.

I don't think that play even violated the halo rule.

NO call in history has angered me more than that one. The refs claimed the defender was blocked into Spotswood. There was contact but it was in THE OTHER DIRECTION. As i recall, the subsequent touchdown gave them a 10-28 lead and then we came back and almost beat them. it would have given us an out-right conference title and put us in a BCS bowl.

It didn't matter if he was blocked into him. The ball hit the Miami guy first. Syracuse ball right there. How the fluck could I clearly see it hit the Miami guys shoulder pad in real time from section 334 but all the officials could not?

Glad I am not the only one still pissed off about that call SWC. We had scored finally and just forced a 3-out and should have had it at midfield.

F Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom