Cole Swider | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider

I think he has a shot at a Klay Thompson stat line if he plays next to a superstar. I know Thompson's a guard, but so what. Cole's 3 inches taller, shooting and rebounding are roughly the same. He'll need to work on his defense but he'll get there.
settle down mean girls GIF

Klay is a top five shooter and pre-injury was an awesome on the ball defender.

They aren't even remotely close. I mean, they aren't even in the same universe.

SL is 75% of guys that will never play in the NBA. It isn't close to the NBA. Root for Cole, but let's keep some semblance of reality.

Fair enough. But that is what they do in the NBA. Laker fan and I’d love nothing more than to see him succeed.

Which is why his ability to manage will go down a clip but his offense will determine if his plus minus gets him minutes. From what we have seen he has a good shot

I think he has a shot at a Klay Thompson stat line if he plays next to a superstar. I know Thompson's a guard, but so what. Cole's 3 inches taller, shooting and rebounding are roughly the same. He'll need to work on his defense but he'll get there.
This made me rationally upset. Won't say much else, I am sure plenty have replied. Big time yikes.

Klay is a top five shooter and pre-injury was an awesome on the ball defender.

They aren't even remotely close. I mean, they aren't even in the same universe.

SL is 75% of guys that will never play in the NBA. It isn't close to the NBA. Root for Cole, but let's keep some semblance of reality.
Damn shame Klay got the injury bug but impressive he was able to work himself back at all. That can't be understated with these pro athletes. The mental fortitude.

He clearly needs a full offseason to try to get closer to how he was. Maybe won't ever. Too many inefficient games for him. However, he can still make tough shots (which don't look good when they miss), and he still had some elite defensive possessions against Boston late in games.

This made me rationally upset. Won't say much else, I am sure plenty have replied. Big time yikes.

Klay dropped 60 while taking 11 dribbles in an NBA game.

I am super stoked for Cole and his performance in SL, but people have no idea how hard the NBA is.

Not only that, he's trying to make a team that basically has one roster spot left while trying to get Kyrie Irving and trying to get rid of Westbrook (both may not happen, obviously).

Do the Lakers prob wish they could punt on Kendrick Nunn? Yes. Did he have a PO he opted in on? Also yes.

They signed Lonnie Walker who is already overpaid.

IMO, Cole's best bet is that Bron is going to value offense over defense and demand Cole make the team.

If they need one more player to get Kyrie, Cole is going to be a Net.

I admit it sounds absurd. As absurd as comparing Mintz to Irving and Benny to Grant Hill (see above post).
Mintz = Kyrie Irving
Bunch = JR Smith
Benny = Grant Hill
Edwards = Brooke Lopez
Girard = Tyler Herro
Still it doesn't deserve an acid reflux reaction. Thompson's had a few really great stretches. However, his lifetime stats are:
19.5 ppg, 41.7% threes 3.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists and he's shared a backcourt with Steph Curry his entire career. These are wonderful numbers but not ridiculous.
His college stats: 17.9 ppg 39% threes 4.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
You can take your finger out of your throat. This is for fun.

I admit it sounds absurd. As absurd as comparing Mintz to Irving and Benny to Grant Hill (see above post).
Mintz = Kyrie Irving
Bunch = JR Smith
Benny = Grant Hill
Edwards = Brooke Lopez
Girard = Tyler Herro
Still it doesn't deserve an acid reflux reaction. Thompson's had a few really great stretches. However, his lifetime stats are:
19.5 ppg, 41.7% threes 3.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists and he's shared a backcourt with Steph Curry his entire career. These are wonderful numbers but not ridiculous.
Right, he has shared the backcourt (meaning fewer opportunities) and always defended the best wing player, freeing up Steph. Guy is HOF.

Mintz = Kyrie Irving
Bunch = JR Smith
Benny = Grant Hill
Edwards = Brooke Lopez
Girard = Tyler Herro
The post you are quoting was sarcasm.