Coleman is going to be a great player. However, he can't play the wing on the zone | Syracusefan.com

Coleman is going to be a great player. However, he can't play the wing on the zone

OmahaCuse

Starter
I hope JB does not start the game with DC on the wing. The will either drive right bu him or be wide open for three and boom we are down 5-7 points.

I agree, unless he improves dramatically I think he will be a liability on the wing.

If he does, any coach would be wise to target his side of the zone for open looks. It's not for a lack of effort, I'm just not sure he's mobile enough in terms of lateral quickness to cover his spots.

I would think this is a exhibition experiment. It would be a disaster if he was on the wing in the reg season. I like both of the frosh a LOT however.

I don't think that his lateral movement is any worse than Rick Jackson's was. However, Onuaku was manning the C position, and he clearly could not play the wing. On this team, it would seem that Rak has much better lateral movement and would be better suited to play the wing.

I hope JB does not start the game with DC on the wing. The will either drive right bu him or be wide open for three and boom we are down 5-7 points.
We also went man to man last night.

open 3's all day and night whenever he has been in at the wing. It will get a lot worse against real teams...

I also am one of those in the minority who thinks Coleman can man the wing on a competitive and successful team. He already appears more mobile than Rick Jackson and Big Rick manned the wing on one of the best teams in Syracuse history. Sure, Coleman could be at a disadvantage at times defending the wing due to quickness issues and inexperience but it helps us having the best rebounder and inside scorer being on the court.It will be interesting to watch and see what happens as the season progresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom