coleman might have just played | Syracusefan.com

coleman might have just played

Ever seen? Really. Let see what he does in 2nd half. Let's hope you rescind that opinion by end of game.

If only games lasted 3 minutes.
Is he a starting center and anchor of the defense at this point ...no. But to say that the college game is far far to fast for him is wrong. His growth obviously been stunted by the injury he had the past two seasons but he shows flashes of being a very good player. To bash somebody 2/3 of a season back that has overcome injuries to me is a joke.

i predict DC's minutes slip and next week we have 5 players averaging over 30 minutes a game.
(actually lydon is already at 29.8 but next game makes it official.) the shortest bench in the country.

He's been quite puzzling of late. A lot of ups and downs.

That segment where the ball hit him in the leg, he falls down, fails to grab the ball, semi-crawls after it - then gets the rebound and had Mal's pass to Howard hit him while heading upcourt had me laughing out loud by the end. For 30 seconds it looked exactly like thousands of Junior High games going on across the country.

Come back strong next game, DC! LGO!!!

DC is just lost on both sides of the floor. The college game is far far far to fast for him.

What's the point of posting hyperbole like this? You're a knowledgeable fan who watches all his games, so clearly you know he has played well at times against the highest level of competition.

DC is just lost on both sides of the floor. The college game is far far far to fast for him.
And this is why we need Thompson to be the backup next year. Yes I'm thinking dirty thoughts and hoping DC is somewhere in Europe next fall, but it's really in his best interest as well. His stock isn't changing with another year of experience. Everyone cheers when he makes a layup like he's corky from that abc family drama. I mean, we ARE rooting for him this year but it's partly because we have no other options.

DC is a great kid and I started a thread after the last game praising him, but overall he's just a disappointing player. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just an objective fact. He doesn't get back on D enough, his hands are poor, and he gets happy feet too easily. I will never ever stop rooting for him, though.

And this is why we need Thompson to be the backup next year. Yes I'm thinking dirty thoughts and hoping DC is somewhere in Europe next fall, but it's really in his best interest as well. His stock isn't changing with another year of experience. Everyone cheers when he makes a layup like he's corky from that abc family drama. I mean, we ARE rooting for him this year but it's partly because we have no other options.

That would be "Life Goes On", which opened with the theme song Ob-la-di. Not a bad show.

iu

Last edited:
Well he was one of the main reasons we pulled away Thursday. He's inconsistent. He played well against Georgia Tech before that. He's not goin to average 10 and 10 after not playing for two years. That's unrealistic, and for the people who think Thompson can come in and contribute right away, come on, Freshmen bigs never produce anything.

Classy.

DC is a great kid and I started a thread after the last game praising him, but overall he's just a disappointing player. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just an objective fact. He doesn't get back on D enough, his hands are poor, and he gets happy feet too easily. I will never ever stop rooting for him, though.
Although not the same defensive presence...RAK was equally as frustrating up until his senior year. He would get yanked after 30 seconds in favor of Keita.
RAK junior year was very similar stat line to DC. Per game...RAK was 23min, 5 Rebs, 2 blocks and 6 points. DC is 17 min, 4 Rebs, 1 block and 5 points. That isn't accounting for him being out 2 yrs. I still hope he can make a jump next year.

We all want his knees to be a huge success story but it's pretty clear what his ceiling is at this point. If we want to be final four contenders next year we need center play that intimidates.

We all want his knees to be a huge success story but it's pretty clear what his ceiling is at this point. If we want to be final four contenders next year we need center play that intimidates.

We made the final four in 2013 because our forwards and guards were good.

What's the point of posting hyperbole like this? You're a knowledgeable fan who watches all his games, so clearly you know he has played well at times against the highest level of competition.

Playing well for a complete game and showing a solid play or a solid couple of minutes are very different things.

He couldn't even be considered inconsistent at this point because he's constantly subpar.

I really hope he gets it next year but based on the body of work which is roughly 2 1/2 seasons worth I'm not buying this stock. I hope nothing more than him to dominate but he looks borderline clueless most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom