coleman update | Syracusefan.com

coleman update

Cusejuicy

Scout Team
Post Standard reporting this morning that recovery may take longer than expected.

Post Standard reporting this morning that recovery may take longer than expected.

I wish him all the best, but it's likely that he's done as far as being anything more than a role player at this point.

Last edited:
Hope he recovers and wish him well. He was supposed to be that low post presence that is obviously desperately needed. But man, there is not even any low post help coming in any time soon.

The hits keep coming. I don't think he'll be able to play more than 10 minutes a game next year. We'll see. Must be tough for him.

I wish him all the best, but it's likely that he's done as being anything more than a role player at this point.

As much as I don't want to agree with this statement...

No recruits in the pipeline and our top recruiter on his way to BC (allegedly). Now if we could only get a UConn vs UK championship game, things would be complete.

No recruits in the pipeline and our top recruiter on his way to BC (allegedly). Now if we could only get a UConn vs UK championship game, things would be complete.

It has been a helluva 180 since 25-0.

I wish him all the best, but it's likely that he's done as being anything more than a role player at this point.
Agreed. Hope for the best, but there is no way the staff can expect anything from him in the future.

Haven't seen the article. Is the issue it will take longer than expected or that he won't have a complete recovery?

You know this is happening.

When it rains, it pours.

Yeah, it does seem that way. Although, if he redshirts next year and Obokoh can contribute and provide solid back-up to Christmas, this could end up being good looking back on it later. You never know.

Yeah, it does seem that way. Although, if he redshirts next year and Obokoh can contribute and provide solid back-up to Christmas, this could end up being good looking back on it later. You never know.

My only concern would be that at that point he'd be heading in to the '15-16 season having not played meaningful basketball since December of 2013. Hopefully it works out for the big fella.

I will say one thing, for his sake I'm glad he's at Syracuse instead of Kentucky because Calapari would be showing him the door to free up a scholarship.

Obokoh was said to be more raw than MBK and wanted the redshirt year to learn. I think he has better hands than MBK which should bode well if he ends up being the 2n string center.

He should just Medical redshirt the 2014-15 season and get healthy.

Agree, but it's really just a plain redshirt, although the underlying reason is health. The medical redshirt occurs when a player begins a season but is hurt in the first 33% of the year.

I mean no offense to Keita, because I really respect the young man, but having better hands than BMK doesn't mean too much in my mind. I sure as hell hope he does! Talk about setting the bar low. ;)