coleman update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

coleman update

Lets be honest if Coleman can't play next year we are in deeper trouble than we think.

Agreed. The article this morning did not sound positive at all.

"We have no idea about next year. It's possible that he could be at practice in October. But it's possible he might not be able to practice full speed until December, November."

Say he takes a redshirt next year to get fully healthy. That puts the center position to Rak and Chino. If Chino isn't ready for minutes to back up Rak, Grant would have to take over that duty. I do NOT like Grant at the 5 and I can't imagine Grant likes it much either.

Agreed. The article this morning did not sound positive at all.

"We have no idea about next year. It's possible that he could be at practice in October. But it's possible he might not be able to practice full speed until December, November."

Say he takes a redshirt next year to get fully healthy. That puts the center position to Rak and Chino. If Chino isn't ready for minutes to back up Rak, Grant would have to take over that duty. I do NOT like Grant at the 5 and I can't imagine Grant likes it much either.

So maybe we'll play some man D, then ...

One of the keys to our great 2010 team was a 5th year Senior AO. Coleman sitting out a year won't be the worst thing in the world, as long as that year out allows him to get fully healthy.

Can McCullough play any Center? We should be loaded at power forward, it would be nice if one of them could play some center.

OrangeXtreme said:
Dajuan Coleman‏@dajuancoleman32Mar 24 Thinking about my next move
Yeah I saw that before. It immediately made me think micro fracture along with him just having the surgery, the crutches etc. I told someone here that JB made a comment a month or so ago about a prospective shirt, and the potential rehab. It was very cryptic at the time and I remember wondering if I heard it right. Seems so.

So if Grant leaves and Coleman can't play, we have 8 scholarship players.

That isn't working.

Maybe we can go out and get Myles Turner 7'0 240lbs. #2 ranked overall

Looked like it was down to Kansas and Duke but now he is going on a bunch of visits to other schools Kentucky, SMU, Ohio St. Texas

Come on lets send JB, Hop, Autry, GMAC, Carmelo, Dr. Gross down to Texas and get this kid

That isn't working.
shaky... potatos... horrible news if DC cant play this coming year... Only one center, dont think Chins OKB will be ready to effectively produce... Get healthy DC! As for the five, I'd take Chris over Jerami for the five spot. Go Roberson, Jerami if he returns, and Chris

That isn't working.
I count 9
Roc
Cooney
Gbinije
Roberson
Patterson
Johnson
Obokoh
Joseph
McCullough
Still, though. 9 is not enough either. 1 juco would be enough.

tee1222 said:
I count 9 Roc Cooney Gbinije Roberson Patterson Johnson Obokoh Joseph McCullough Still, though. 9 is not enough either. 1 juco would be enough.

Thanks.

I left off McCullough. Just an oversight.

Gotta have at least 10.

Obokoh is a big ? if Coleman doesn't play next season

We have no idea if he is at all ready to get on the floor next year and at 6'9 210lbs. he could get pushed around vs. teams like Pitt, UNC

We have no idea if he is at all ready to get on the floor next year and at 6'9 210lbs. he could get pushed around vs. teams like Pitt, UNC
He will be a 5 for us, but yeah, he has to bulk up and will.

We need to go find that hilltop village in Germany where Jim Calhoun used to find big white Euro dudes.

All kidding aside, I think we'll be OK. I don't see Grant leaving. Nothing is ever certain, obviously, but things are falling into place for his return. If Chino can give us 10-12 solid minutes a game, we should be fine. Just remember something, BMK was very raw his freshman year too. No one expected even jack from him. But when Fab showed up out of shape, BMK became a key contributor on defense. Everything I've heard regarding Chino is that he is much farther along on the defensive end, and is a heck of a shot blocker. With a frontcourt of Grant, McCullough, Roberson, Rak and Chino, we should still be very strong.

Of course, finding the Son of KONG would help too. ;)

Ok this Coleman stuff is weird. I just read the article. They are saying now it was not a bone bruise but something resulting from a collision in practice, but not meniscus. Didn't his family say it was a result of not rehabbing right last year?

Ok this Coleman stuff is weird. I just read the article. They are saying now it was not a bone bruise but something resulting from a collision in practice, but not meniscus. Didn't his family say it was a result of not rehabbing right last year?
and DC himself apparently won't talk about it

This news saddens me. This young man had (has) so much promise. He was one of the highest ranked recruits and we (as fans) and I am sure him had such high expectations for a wonderful career at SU. It is even sadder because he is a local boy who had such great promise after his college career. Get better big man. Take your time and think of your future.

If he's unavailable until the 2016 season, that would be an interesting situation - I can't think of a McDonald's player who doesn't play a meaningful minute of basketball until his fourth year of eligibility.

One would hope he's at least well-coached by that point (should it come to that).

I doubt after spending a year getting stronger in the weight room that Chino is going to be 210lbs next season.

Francis03 said:
I doubt after spending a year getting stronger in the weight room that Chino is going to be 210lbs next season.

The last time I saw Chino (final home game), he looked to be strong and certainly thicker than BMK. I'm not sure how much he weighs now but it has to be over 210.

The next Louie-McCroskey-to-Marist or Dashonte Riley candidate...

The next Louie-McCroskey-to-Marist or Dashonte Riley candidate...
Coleman? I don't see that at all. He's a capable basketball player who is adapting his game against other players as big and strong as he is. Problem is that he's trying to do it with bum knees.

Dajaun would be a force if he could play 30 mpg.