Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

Why do you think that is?

Must not want somebody on the bench coming in.

I don't know is it story time with Townie who will start quoting JBs book?

Anything we get out of Coleman is gravy.

Here's a guy that has had some significant injury problems.

He has some obvious limitations (e.g. Hands of Stone)

And he really is just learning how to play albeit more slowly than anyone would like.

But in the past, when he has tried to be more aggressive or assertive he's gotten in foul trouble of gotten the ball stripped or just flat missed the lay up.

These are things he can get better at. But he's having trouble coming up a steep learning curve during the regular season.

So this dude playe professionally in europe starting at age 16 but can play ncaa ball without any issues. Meanwhile we had a guy who played in a ymca rec league and was suspended.

something off there

I realize sabonis didnt get paid and refused the prof contract, but playing in a pro league vs the ymca rec league?

same reason as the short rotation and the lack of interest in recruiting a true backup program pg

probably just to drive me nuts

I'm just guessing, but this probably really isn't about you.

On drawing fouls - It's probably because JB believes that 1.) It's harder to do than people realize and/or 2) When you take yourself out of your offense to draw these fouls you are giving up more than you are getting. To sum it up, he thinks it isn't worth it. (And you disagree with him)

Same with the short rotation. He thinks that is best. You don't. He doesn't think these guys get tired. You might.

And on the PG. He recruited Sherman Douglas. He recruited Pearl. He recruited Ennis. They were pretty good PG's, don't you think?

These guys are hard to find. Not everyone of them wants to come to SU. This isn't like MLB where you can sign free agents (although these 5th year Post Grads/transfers are starting to make it look more like that.)

You gotta admit that Shark58 pounding the arms of his easy chair and throwing throw pillows around the den because JB isn't doing what the Shark thinks he should is kind of a funny picture.

Must not want somebody on the bench coming in.

I don't know is it story time with Townie who will start quoting JBs book?

I liked your testimony about preferring the girls with silicon work.

I thought that spoke volumes. I promise not to suggest you read Boeheim's or any other book. It's a fool's errand.

I'm just guessing, but this probably really isn't about you.

On drawing fouls - It's probably because JB believes that 1.) It's harder to do than people realize and/or 2) When you take yourself out of your offense to draw these fouls you are giving up more than you are getting. To sum it up, he thinks it isn't worth it. (And you disagree with him)

Same with the short rotation. He thinks that is best. You don't. He doesn't think these guys get tired. You might.

And on the PG. He recruited Sherman Douglas. He recruited Pearl. He recruited Ennis. They were pretty good PG's, don't you think?

These guys are hard to find. Not everyone of them wants to come to SU. This isn't like MLB where you can sign free agents (although these 5th year Post Grads/transfers are starting to make it look more like that.)

You gotta admit that Shark58 pounding the arms of his easy chair and throwing throw pillows around the den because JB isn't doing what the Shark thinks he should is kind of a funny picture.

I don't have an easy chair

true story

I thought that spoke volumes. I promise not to suggest you read Boeheim's or any other book. It's a fool's errand.

I've read his book and many other books. My preference of silicon really has nothing to do with the other.

So this dude playe professionally in europe starting at age 16 but can play ncaa ball without any issues. Meanwhile we had a guy who played in a ymca rec league and was suspended.

something off there

I realize sabonis didnt get paid and refused the prof contract, but playing in a pro league vs the ymca rec league?

Check his high school transcript for inconsistencies!!!

He doesn't have to read it because he's a self-professed crapper of basketball knowledge.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine us building our game plan around Coleman. Offensively, we need to play to our strength - the perimeter. That could be tough, because their guards are pretty big - 6'4" and up. Hurt them outside, and that will open up the inside, then take what they give us.

Don't get me wrong, he needs to have a good game, esp on defense and rebounding.

If we can contain their big guys, and beat them on the perimeter (Defense and Offense), then we stand a good chance to play on Sunday.

Confidence and aggression. Whoever can assert themselves will win.
I disagree. I think/hope we have a lot of driving early - guards, Mal. maybe Lydon - mainly exploiting the mismatches we have with the midget frosh guard and the slowfooted Wij. Pound the inside that way and even a couple DC2 possessions. That way we either get Sab in some foul trouble when he tries help defense or we get high percentage shots.

We get 2 semi-early fouls on Sab and the Zags have to change their offensive philosophy. The pound it inside no-brainer strategy is taken away and the game changes in our favor in a hurry.

The Zags are thinner than we are. And it looks like we have some favorable one on one mismatches. I believe an aggressive attacking style would work best.

You seem to have conflicts with a lot of people on this board. Maybe it's a pattern.

Hahahaha. Using townie as proof of conflicts of mine kinda shuts your case down. Then again I don't expect you to understand that with your reading comprehension skills.

Hahahaha. Using townie as proof of conflicts of mine kinda shuts your case down. Then again I don't expect you to understand that with your reading comprehension skills.

Maybe it is my reading comprehension skills because I keep waiting for your self-professed astute basketball knowledge but all you seem to be full of is insults.

Maybe it is my reading comprehension skills because I keep waiting for your self-professed astute basketball knowledge but all you seem to be full of is insults.

My insults only come out when you respond to my posts that are actually about basketball but respond with nothing but jibberish trying to make me look bad.

You're further proving my point that you again still cannot cannot form a basketball opinion on your own. Like it said, it's fine, I get it, be a sheep. But there is a block feature, you can use it on me, I won't be sad.

My insults only come out when you respond to my posts that are actually about basketball but respond with nothing but jibberish trying to make me look bad.

You're further proving my point that you again still cannot cannot form a basketball opinion on your own. Like it said, it's fine, I get it, be a sheep. But there is a block feature, you can use it on me, I won't be sad.

I promise I will stop trying to make you look bad. You are doing a find job on your own.

Good point on the block feature though. Since you told me to do it and I'm sheep I feel compelled to do it.

I don't think a radical change in strategy is a good idea here. Still have nightmares of the clogged toilet offense in the first half of the Butler game working through Rick Jackson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom