Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

Coleman is a workhorse. He will be noticed at Syracuse as much as anywhere.
To think otherwise is to think sportsbroadcasting is ignoring Cuse highlights.

How are people hating on fab? This guys ceiling is monsterous and he jumps higher then any center we have had since Jeremy Mcneil. He is going to eat rebounds better then any center we had from 2000-2010 once he matures. He was a freshmen who played two years of organized basketball in a country far away from home. So he had a rough freshmen season like many high school freshmen do when they are adjusting to the speed of the college game. Just WoW.

Coleman taking along time doesn't help syracuse (especially with Fab possibly jumping)
would be happy grabbing
Elijah Macon for 2012.
noels malik price martin Chris Walker seems pretty good. Coleman isn't the end of the world.
so much for Macon ... headed to Mountaineer Country ... http://tennessee.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./a.z?s=7&p=2&c=1109945&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://tennessee.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1109945.html

Coleman is a workhorse. He will be noticed at Syracuse as much as anywhere.
To think otherwise is to think sportsbroadcasting is ignoring Cuse highlights.

How are people hating on fab? This guys ceiling is monsterous and he jumps higher then any center we have had since Jeremy Mcneil. He is going to eat rebounds better then any center we had from 2000-2010 once he matures. He was a freshmen who played two years of organized basketball in a country far away from home. So he had a rough freshmen season like many high school freshmen do when they are adjusting to the speed of the college game. Just WoW.

No one's hating on Fab, just don't know how you think he's going to take such a leap he can jump to the NBA next year. I like the kid and his skill set, especially his shooting ability for a 5, but his rebounding leaves much to be desired, and right now he looks like a 4 year player.

Oh yeah, remember Rautins. Many counted him out after his first year. Fab was highly rated based on physical attributes, but he's proven a project with HUGE upside.

Oh yeah, remember Rautins. Many counted him out after his first year. Fab was highly rated based on physical attributes, but he's proven a project with HUGE upside.
And he is 7 foot.

You can't be serious. You're comparing Fab Melo, a 5 star McDonald's All American, to Andy Rautins, someone who many thought was a legacy recruit and had a very good Senior season after taking 4 years to develop. I think Fab will be a good player down the road. I don't think he will be good enough to go to the NBA this year. He's a sophomore. I'm not bad mouthing him at all, I'm one of his biggest supporters. But he isn't good enough yet.

Ding !
You can't be serious. You're comparing Fab Melo, a 5 star McDonald's All American, to Andy Rautins, someone who many thought was a legacy recruit and had a very good Senior season after taking 4 years to develop. I think Fab will be a good player down the road. I don't think he will be good enough to go to the NBA this year. He's a sophomore. I'm not bad mouthing him at all, I'm one of his biggest supporters. But he isn't good enough yet.
I'm not disagreeing with your post. Rautins was not a heralded recruit like Melo, but what I'm adding to the conversation is that they're long term projects. Melo, like Rautins, should not be given up on because he didn't make serious contributions his first year. Melo will get better, but it's gonna take some time. I remember people questioning the Rautins recruitment after his first and even second year. You could say the same for Melo. Sure Melo was rated highly, but that comes with all major upside type big men. Context... Context.

saw this on nychoops.net, but do not have access to the article ... here's the brief piece they show ... I'm sure they are referring to UK as sole focus

Sources close to the recruitment have begun to suggest thatDaJuan Coleman could be looking to get out of town which, if true, is a significant boost to one program that has been pursuing him aggressively for some time now. The Syracuse, N.Y., native will be the sole focus of... [http://vmedia./images/premium.gifdetails]

if syracuse lands noel is anyone going to care?

I think some people are discrediting Fabs rebounding. If you watch his first 10 games vs his last 15 he was getting off the floor very athletically. I am really excited to see his rebounding evolve.

Obviously Noel would be a awesome grab by JB Hop and Autry. Would love to see him with MCW.
He would make a outstanding 4 or 5 for us.

Actually as I have been writing (IMO) we have been out of the hunt for DC2 for some time. I have been feeling that OSU has the inside lean and has for some time since Sullinger and DC2 been getting tight. Also I think now that we are in the ACC we have a shot at Jefferson and Noel is on the burners. To be frank I would rather have those 2 than DC2. And don't forget Roberson. We could be stacked at the 3-4-5 for years to come if everything falls into place. My only concern are the jabs we are going to get from our "friends" in the Big East.

If I'm JB and Hop I flat out ask DC where the Cuse stands. If they feel he's leaning elsewhere and just keeping us in the fray because we're the hometown team... wish him well and go at Noel with everything they got. I know this is a big decision for a kid and he can go anywhere he wants, but the fact he's a home grown kid with a long time relationship with the Cuse staff makes it a little more personal.

If I'm JB and Hop I flat out ask DC where the Cuse stands. If they feel he's leaning elsewhere and just keeping us in the fray because we're the hometown team... wish him well and go at Noel with everything they got. I know this is a big decision for a kid and he can go anywhere he wants, but the fact he's a home grown kid with a long time relationship with the Cuse staff makes it a little more personal.
Exactly... no hard feelings... just let us know type of stuff... On to the next one...

Coleman?
Hmmm ... well not Cavanaugh. Don't know what coaches Macho is referring to ... but I don't really feel that Coleman is headed here either. Who is left at J-D?

Hmmm ... well not Cavanaugh. Don't know what coaches Macho is referring to ... but I don't really feel that Coleman is headed here either. Who is left at J-D?

Stunned on this one, four D1 coaches including two from the big east told me TC was a lock for Cuse and Coleman would not be coming. These guys are usually on the money. They stick me behind the bench at the Dome though so I will give them a pass on this one!

Best of luck to Tyler. Can't blame him for choosing a situation with much more immediate PT available, and a great school also.

Exactly... no hard feelings... just let us know type of stuff... On to the next one...
Amen again! I still believe that DC@ has not favored 'Cuse for a while...if he isnt coming he should, out of respect, let us know so we can go get someone else...he is not taking care of his home town team that has recruited him for a long time...don't come here if that is is choice...but he should stop playing with 'Cuse and just say I want to go somewhere else.

Might it not be logical that Coleman just wants to make sure he wants to go to Syracuse. Probably most of his life he's wanted to play in the Dome. Now that it's getting time to make the final move, he wants to feel certain his long time plan is the best. So he goes to Kentucky, listens to Cal and then to Ohio State to hear what Matta has to say. Now he can feel more comfortable making his decision. Only time will tell. I only wish him the best and that may not necessarily be coming to Syracuse.

Could be that He has already told JB he will be going elsewhere and that is why we are jumping hard on the Noel bandwagon as another poster said.

Amen again! I still believe that DC@ has not favored 'Cuse for a while...if he isnt coming he should, out of respect, let us know so we can go get someone else...

You think JB has stopped recruiting to wait for DC? Good God.

I think the coaches have known for quite a while ... Darn, they just won't tell us stuff. I do think that is why they are jumping all over Noel and Jefferson. If DC2 doesn't come here the Dome is not going to collapse. We will just have to take some abuse from the hodgepodge of idiots from the other boards saying we can't even recruit our own hometown... BFD. It doesn't matter where the recruits come from as long as they are quality recruits as they have been. Personally I think we are pretty loaded for the next couple of years.

Just saw on twitter that Coleman pushed OSU visit back.