Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
I have been a critic of his play so far and I will tell you, two minutes into the game when he had single handedly spotted Arkansas about 6 points, I thought he was done for the night. But all credit to him, when he was placed back into the game he played strong, and while still making some mistakes, he held his own. This included a stretch with him at the 4 on defense, which I would have thought was impossible. He didn't get abused over there in that period.

He also got some nice, strong rebounds late. Hats off to him.

I love his intensity. Apparantly our team has adopted the concept of primal screams this year.

i like the way he responded after his benching. he came out aggressive. once the game slows down for him i feel he will be a factor this season. at very worst he will be a solid rebounder

I have been a critic of his play so far and I will tell you, two minutes into the game when he had single handedly spotted Arkansas about 6 points, I thought he was done for the night. But all credit to him, when he was placed back into the game he played strong, and while still making some mistakes, he held his own. This included a stretch with him at the 4 on defense, which I would have thought was impossible. He didn't get abused over there in that period.

He needs to realize he is the strongest guy on the court and finish through contact. The dip-si-do stuff has to stop. But, I'm betting he figures it out.

The kid is a bear on the defensive glass. Once things slow down for him on the offensive end, he will give us consistent scoring from the low post. The pace and style of tonight's game did him no favors, yet he had some fine moments.

He needs to realize he is the strongest guy on the court and finish through contact. The dip-si-do stuff has to stop. But, I'm betting he figures it out.

Yes. I think he is just rushing like a mad man when he gets the ball. When he calms down and takes his time, he should improve a lot on offense. He almost shattered the backboard with that one layup attempt. Luckily, he inadvertently "drew a technical" on the play because the run-out his crazy layup led to included the chin-up dunk.

On the road, looking like a statue out there during the first 3 minutes, he could've easily folded his tent & might've been excused for freshman jitters. However he watched, got his mind into the flow & was ready to play the next time around. Well done.

I like his game except that he needs to dunk it when he is inside (he has CraigForthitis (and I liked Craig)). In high school, DC2 could lay it off the glass or drop it over the rim with nobody strong enough to alter the motion of his body. He now gets hand and hip checks (no calls) that change the momentum/angle of the shot. Wait until he meets Cooley from ND. Slam it, damn it !!

DC2 is going to be very good. But not this year. Man, is he raw. An unpolished diamond. You can tell JB likes him. Otherwise he would have chocked him in the first 3 minutes after he made 3 or 4 terrible defensive mistakes.

With DC, Rak and Cooney all going to get better and better (and maybe Jeremi too) this year the team will only improve. This is going to be fun, with it's ups and downs, but far more ups.

DC2 is going to be very good. But not this year. Man, is he raw. An unpolished diamond. You can tell JB likes him. Otherwise he would have chocked him in the first 3 minutes after he made 3 or 4 terrible defensive mistakes.

Agreed. A little lost on offensive end. At least aggressive defensively. I think it's a matter of adjusting from HS play to college play. Assuming JB gives him enough minutes, hope for tangible improvement by BE play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom