Colgate lost to an Ivy today | Syracusefan.com

Colgate lost to an Ivy today

Hope the bloom's off that rose for the posters talking about what a good team that is.

In hindsight, our struggle to score against that mediocre group should've been reason for concern.

I cant say that I am any more concerned even in hindsight as I think that this is all a long process and that was the first game of a tenure. What I can say is I am SHOCKED at the score. I saw the score scroll while I was watching games yesterday and Colgate was winning like 28-5 or something like that. When I saw your post I thought I read it wrong. It must have been an epic comeback.

cornell is undefeated. thats shocking in itself. IVY is not bad football. they would compete at the FCS level if they IVY doofus's would let them.

rearviewmirror.jpg

Indiana beat Michigan State...is the bloom of that rose too or are they still good?

It still wasn't a Patriot league game . They win their league and they are in the playoffs . That is all that is important . Amazing that Syracuse looks totally second rate and posters on here who guaranteed the team would make a bowl with the new staff still bringing up Colgate .

Colgate will crush Charlotte.

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on hear in terms of making an argument.

Someone said they'd be in the middle of the pack in FBS...and people liked that post.

Our fanbase overrates our opponents to a ridiculous degree.

Indiana beat Michigan State...is the bloom of that rose too or are they still good?

Msu isn't nearly as good as last year, I think most people felt that going into the season, and it should have been evident after they struggled with Furman.

OttoMets said:
Hope the bloom's off that rose for the posters talking about what a good team that is.

In hindsight, our struggle to score against that mediocre group should've been reason for concern.

Cornell is a good team this year. Good defense, the offensive line is a strength and the qb can spin it. Better than they have had in the past..

There was a thread last year after we lost to LSU where someone had LSU amongst the greatest teams of all-time with 2001 Miami, 1995 Nebraska etc.

Someone said they'd be in the middle of the pack in FBS...and people liked that post.

It helps us over-rate the team.

It still wasn't a Patriot league game . They win their league and they are in the playoffs . That is all that is important . Amazing that Syracuse looks totally second rate and posters on here who guaranteed the team would make a bowl with the new staff still bringing up Colgate .

Awfully defensive over Colgate.

Awfully defensive over Colgate.
Maybe your right . I really feel that people in general think that that this is still the old days where those teams like Colgate and "D2" or whatever they call them are half hearted scholar athletes who real programs just backhand and they dive up . FCS schools have serious development programs run by excellent coaching staffs and are becoming more and more competitive with the FBS division.

I noticed USF won at Cincy 45-20. Familiar score.

Cincy has had a pretty good run under Tuberville.

A decent team cruises past ND yesterday.

ND is hot garbage with a massively over rated quarterback. So yes I agree we tend to do that

cornell is undefeated. thats shocking in itself. IVY is not bad football. they would compete at the FCS level if they IVY doofus's would let them.
good for bobby acosta!!!i followed penn football in the late 9o's to about 2004 when my daughter was there. they were very good, and entertaining to watch . loved franklin field

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom