College basketball free agency | Syracusefan.com

College basketball free agency

It really is nuts, and the NCAA hasn't even gotten rid of the 1 year sit out penalty. There are starters at Power 5 programs leaving in droves

There are probably examples of incoming freshman basically being recruited over, just wild.

I have been critical of the staff, but they are being active in the transfer market and trying to upgrade the roster.

Haarms would be awesome, a lot of schools will want him, Griffin is unlikely to be eligible to play next year. I still feel they need another point guard, will probably only be able to get one from HS level

It really is nuts, and the NCAA hasn't even gotten rid of the 1 year sit out penalty. There are starters at Power 5 programs leaving in droves

There are probably examples of incoming freshman basically being recruited over, just wild.

I have been critical of the staff, but they are being active in the transfer market and trying to upgrade the roster.

Haarms would be awesome, a lot of schools will want him, Griffin is unlikely to be eligible to play next year. I still feel they need another point guard, will probably only be able to get one from HS level
I don't think we have a chance with Haarms. He already knows where he is going. JMHO. As for Griffin, if I had to bet, I would say he is eligible to play next year. The NCAA is going to be very liberal with waivers. Once again, JMHO.

I don't think we have a chance with Haarms. He already knows where he is going. JMHO. As for Griffin, if I had to bet, I would say he is eligible to play next year. The NCAA is going to be very liberal with waivers. Once again, JMHO.

Someone tampered.

I like the optimism with Griffin. They may be liberal in this age of cornavarius. Just seen too many examples of getting screwed by NCAA, Edelin 12 game suspension, M. Diagne qualifying, QG not able to enroll early as planned, etc.

All hell is going to really break loose when there's no penalty for transferring.

next step will be a weekly swap meet.

Or you could threaten to transfer to the opposing team at halftime if your coach gets after you. Walk right over to the other locker room and suit up for the second half.

It is what it is. The players want the freedom to transfer and teams are going to look to upgrade their rosters out of that pool. Teams that want to virtue signal and are stuck in the past will be left behind.

I like the optimism with Griffin. They may be liberal in this age of cornavarius. Just seen too many examples of getting screwed by NCAA, Edelin 12 game suspension, M. Diagne qualifying, QG not able to enroll early as planned, etc.
We are in a different world. The ncaa can't afford to be their typical dictatorship self.

All hell is going to really break loose when there's no penalty for transferring.
I agree. And hate it. Coaches are very much opposed to changing the sit out rule, and they’re right. It’s going to be the Wild West and that’s not a good thing. The sit-out rule allows cooler heads to prevail and makes kids really think through their decision instead of being rash. Even free agency in the pros has its limits. If you’re under contract, you don’t just get to leave and go to another team, until the contract/CBI stipulates you’re a free agent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom