college football makes no sense WVU USC and Oregon | Syracusefan.com

college football makes no sense WVU USC and Oregon

Millhouse

Living Legend
WVU just played a game with 1440 yards of combined offense on both sides. And it's not the most yards of combined offense in a game this year.

For the 3rd time in 4 games, USC lost after gaining 513 yards or more. The previous 2 losses had 600 yards of offense. This one they only had 513.

The number 1 BCS team in the country just gave up 580

You'd think Stanford played an all time great defensive game but Oregon still had 400+ in their biggest offensive let down choke job imaginable. 400 (200 rushing/200 passing) used to be our goal. Now you wonder why Oregon only got that much.

It does make sense. These defenses are not good, and all of those schools focus on offense way more than defense. Especially WVU.

It does make sense. These defenses are not good, and all of those schools focus on offense way more than defense. Especially WVU.

Defenses also play much differently these days. Maybe scheme is the better word to use. Oregon got 400 yards but scored 14 points. Defenses are willing to concede the dink-and-dunk plays now. Teams can move 30-40-50 yards, before defenses start to tighten up.

i have a hard time wrapping my head around that there's even enough time for teams to combine for this much yardage.

if you get 700 yards, your opponent shouldn't have time to get 600. i know they do, it just doesn't make sense

oklahoma has bob stoops, usc has monte kiffin and they don't know what to do either

i have a hard time wrapping my head around that there's even enough time for teams to combine for this much yardage.

if you get 700 yards, your opponent shouldn't have time to get 600. i know they do, it just doesn't make sense

oklahoma has bob stoops, usc has monte kiffin and they don't know what to do either

So many of these teams have constant home run threats though. At any point, a play could break for 70 and td and it has happened quite often this year.

So many of these teams have constant home run threats though. At any point, a play could break for 70 and td and it has happened quite often this year.
tavon austin should take knees or run around tecmo style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom