College Football players don't where cups?!?! | Syracusefan.com

College Football players don't where cups?!?!

Nick44

All Conference
The ESPN magazine polled D-1 athletes and 100% said "no" to this question. I thought it would be an emphathic yes. I'm wearing a cup right now.

The ESPN magazine polled D-1 athletes and 100% said "no" to this question. I thought it would be an emphathic yes. I'm wearing a cup right now.

I played football from age 6 to 22, I never wore a cup after age 9. I would think lineman would though.

I played baseball in 5th grade. Hated wearing that cup

In college one of my teammates got tagged in "boys" when he was going up for a rebound. He immediately went down. Within 15 min his wedding bag was full of blood, one of the sickest things I have ever seen, yes he was proud to show it off at halftime. Long story short, team trainers talked to us about it afterward and said it was better to wear compression shorts, than a cup. We were told that studies in the 80's found that cups were leading to more damage (pinching, not fitting, ect) and we were basically told cups were for kids whos "boys" haven't dropped yet.

tumblr_mbrgtnEfGK1r1g8zro1_400.gif

In college one of my teammates got tagged in "boys" when he was going up for a rebound. He immediately went down. Within 15 min his wedding bag was full of blood, one of the sickest things I have ever seen, yes he was proud to show it off at halftime. Long story short, team trainers talked to us about it afterward and said it was better to wear compression shorts, than a cup. We were told that studies in the 80's found that cups were leading to more damage (pinching, not fitting, ect) and we were basically told cups were for kids whos "boys" haven't dropped yet.
Lol @ wedding bag

I wear a cup when I golf.

So back in the day playing church league basketball me and my idiot friends decided we would wear cups one season, just to be funny. Anyway, I remember warming up before one of our games and overhearing one of the moms from the other team say to another mom "I can't put my finger on it, but I don't have a good feeling about this game. The boys on this other team just look... older, or something. I don't think our kids will win this one."

So back in the day playing church league basketball me and my idiot friends decided we would wear cups one season, just to be funny. Anyway, I remember warming up before one of our games and overhearing one of the moms from the other team say to another mom "I can't put my finger on it, but I don't have a good feeling about this game. The boys on this other team just look... older, or something. I don't think our kids will win this one."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHhhhhahahah!!!!