College Gameday Feature on Cuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

College Gameday Feature on Cuse

I hope not. But when I read that I thought, "There's a decision this guy will regret a hundred times" as it is replayed to him or held against them as proof of his priorities. My expereince suggests that the memories of elephant's pale by comparison with the recall of wives of the circumstances of the courtship and the wedding.
This is why those of us who married women who love SU sports are so lucky. This is not an issue with these women.

I know people who grew up in Florida, came to Boston for school or work and would never move back to Florida because they love the change of seasons.
The great thing about living in the north is that the people that complain the most tend to leave for the winter.

He still has to drive in it. Hopefully he’s out recruiting the south in February because that’s the worst of it. The holidays help get through the front end; it’s the backend that seems to stretch for eternity when we have those longer winters. Thank god for El Niño this year.
Wow, you won't rest until he's gone, will you?

Last edited:
This is why those of us who married women who love SU sports are so lucky. This is not an issue with these women.
We got married on a Thursday in July. Super safe... and we may have streamed the Virgina Tech game at a friend’s wedding reception. And I also may have told my sister to plan her wedding (next year) for August

You guys saying he wouldn't leave, or why would he want to leave? Are you guys generally ambitious? In life? in your career? If Dino makes 2.5M now and a Tenn offers him $5M a year guaranteed for 4 years. Why wouldn't he take the job? There are reasons of course, but confident guys/women love a challenge. Some even have the mantra, that if they fail they fail, it. At least he gets a $20M parachute to fall back on.

And they dont have to worry about finding "another job". The good ol boy coaching network, where everyone is dying to get the band back together all but guarantees them a new gig, ON TOP OF THEIR previously guaranteed money.

Its the same reason Clemson gets 3 4-5 star QBs a cycle. They all think THEY ARE THE MAN, and will be the victor. Its a mindset of successful people.
Money isn't the be all and end all for everyone with ambition. Dino strikes me as a guy who realizes this. I'm not saying he won't ultimately leave SU for another job, just that I don't think it will be over money. I've known several people who have left jobs they really liked for more money. Almost all of them regretted it.

Money isn't the be all and end all for everyone with ambition. Dino strikes me as a guy who realizes this. I'm not saying he won't ultimately leave SU for another job, just that I don't think it will be over money. I've known several people who have left jobs they really liked for more money. Almost all of them regretted it.
His Dad was an enlisted military man back during the 60's. He grew up with little money but had a rich upbringing. He just might be okay making only $3.2M a year at Cuse versus $4.5M at Football Factory X.

His Dad was an enlisted military man back during the 60's. He grew up with little money but had a rich upbringing. He just might be okay making only $2.4M a year

Maybe we have an inigma ala JB. I sure hope so, but probably not and wouldnt bet on it.

I'm counting on you to help, if im remembering correctly dude got 20 years on me. Plan to ply him with some of Cusenewbies moonshine, shove a few brats down his throat to soften him up for the kill...
Almost everyone has twenty years on you, lol.

I'll never understand people that schedule weddings on Saturdays in September and October.

I gave my wife a list of about 7 Saturdays that were available.
I wish every poster here was granted a “golden like” which would equal 1,000 likes and could only be used once per year. I would use mine on this post.

You can schedule your wedding in May, June, July, and August. Its selfish and frankly unintelligent to schedule it during football season. If my wife would’ve scheduled our wedding in the fall, I would’ve seriously questioned her love for me.

Syracuse football is forever. Your marriage statistically is a flip of a coin long term. Literally.

Watching that game was like being at a Wake. The Shanked extra point to tie was classic Coach P/Syracuse. One of the most frustrating SU games of all time.
Amazing that P lost two of his last three against Temple.

I wish every poster here was granted a “golden like” which would equal 1,000 likes and could only be used once per year. I would use mine on this post.

You can schedule your wedding in May, June, July, and August. Its selfish and frankly unintelligent to schedule it during football season. If my wife would’ve scheduled our wedding in the fall, I would’ve seriously questioned her love for me.

Syracuse football is forever. Your marriage statistically is a flip of a coin long term. Literally.

Truth.

Even worse today i was invited to my girlfriends best friends 2 year olds birthday party. I hate to be the bad guy, but I told her there is absolutely 0% chance i am going and if i have to live in the dog house the rest of the week i will happily bring a blanket. I already had to miss last week due to future brother in-laws bachelor party in Nashville, and there wedding coming up on Wake Forest weekend. No way in hell i'm missing today's game for a 2 year olds birthday party, and my sister is lucky i'm making it to the wedding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom