College Hoops Opening Week Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Opening Week Thread

Jackson from UCONN is Uber talented. Maybe he is not a great shooter but can score, rebound, play D and is super quick and bouncy. Not as muscular but Paul Harris like with better handle and passing

Jackson from UCONN is Uber talented. Maybe he is not a great shooter but can score, rebound, play D and is super quick and bouncy. Not as muscular but Paul Harris like with better handle and passing

Did he do something in the second half? Other than a putback dunk against some smurfs he had two turnovers a couple boards and some defensive cameos. CCSU is 335 in Ken Pom preseason rankings.

He is talented but he isn't a guard and Hurley and UConn's offensive strategy aren't set up to maximize his potential.

I'm in on this Villanova game so I can see what a top 10 team might look like this year.

Kelly and Felder make this BC team far less BCish. Having a guy who can manage the game as a PG and score is not something BC has had in a while. They have had guys that could score but not manage the game.

On the same note- Nova lacks an identity. Gillespie is their leader and he has been a ghost.

BC needs to hang on. This would be a nice boost for the ACC Net. I am sure GT and Clemson will drop a buy game like Pitt did to bring things down.

he was my favorite target in his class, by far

I'm not so blinded by Orange-colored glasses to recognize that UConn is getting stacked. Freshmen Jackson, Sanogo, and that kid Bouknight gives them a good nucleus. My nephew the Storrs grad, tells me they have a nice recruiting class coming in as well.
The key for them will be how good Hurley is as a HC. If he spazzes out, they'll go nowhere.

I'm not so blinded by Orange-colored glasses to recognize that UConn is getting stacked. Freshmen Jackson, Sanogo, and that kid Bouknight gives them a good nucleus. My nephew the Storrs grad, tells me they have a nice recruiting class coming in as well.
The key for them will be how good Hurley is as a HC. If he spazzes out, they'll go nowhere.

Athletes are nice, but if you can’t shoot you won’t win. Ask Hop how that worked for him last year.

Jackson will be interesting to watch. If he came here he would get 30mpg off the bat and probably handle the ball a lot with shooters around him. At UConn he just won’t get that chance with Gaffney, Cole and Bouknight. And again, it doesn’t seem like UConn can shoot.

if Jackson waited to commit until after RJ Cole did, I wonder if he chooses UConn.

with that being said - we got Kadary and Griffin once AJax moved on, so it worked out better for us. Griffin is a much better college player right now than Jackson and is a better fit to replace Eli. And Kadary has had rave reviews.

Jackson/Buddy/JG3 would have been fun to watch - but our team wouldn’t have been nearly as good

Wasn't Georgia Tech supposed to be pretty decent this year? Only one game but it's a bad loss yes?

Wasn't Georgia Tech supposed to be pretty decent this year? Only one game but it's a bad loss yes?

Yeah I saw Jerry Palm’s bracket update a couple days ago had them making the tournament (He didn’t have us at all).

Yeah I saw Jerry Palm’s bracket update a couple days ago had them making the tournament (He didn’t have us at all).

Lol. GT just bombs the non conference to then bring down the ACC Net while then beating more teams than they should in conference. It is just their thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom