Color Him Orange: The Jim Boeheim story by Scott Pitoniak | Syracusefan.com

Color Him Orange: The Jim Boeheim story by Scott Pitoniak

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Reading the other thread about the stories that JAB told during his YES interview reminded me about this book. A lot of the stories are the same and the avid Cuse fan is going to know most of JAB's life history. It's still a pretty good read however and unfortunately the story ends right before the whole Bernie Fine thing broke. Scott Pitoniak is a good writer who I used to follow when I lived in Rochester. I believe he, like many of his ilk, lost his job in the last couple years as the newspaper business has gotten turned upside down.

BTW, I posted a thread earlier this year about books to read this summer and someone gave me this for my birthday which happened to coincide with my vacation. This book was a very easy read but very enjoyable.

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Him-Orange-Boeheim-Story/dp/1600785174

51wOnvgZk4L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good book. I got it for Christmas the year it came out and had it read within a couple days.

Scott is still writing. You can follow him on Facebook and get links to his articles. He has done a lot of good stuff. Just send him a friend request on Facebook.

Scott was in my Newhouse graduating class. He spent some time in Utica after SU. Agree on the book: we know all the stories but its still a good, fast read.

Good book. I got it for Christmas the year it came out and had it read within a couple days.

I received this is a Christmas present as well. My family tells me I am the easiest person to shop for -- they just get me something with SU/Mets/Cowboys on it and I'm happy. My sister just gave me a outdoor Spatchula with the Syracuse S cut out of the spatchula part -- very cool.

It was a great read. Recommend it to any Syracuse basketball fan