Colorado just got ABSOLUTELY ROBBED against 'zona | Syracusefan.com

Colorado just got ABSOLUTELY ROBBED against 'zona

pearl31

in cahoots
dude banked in a 3 at the buzzer and moron refs overturned it. major screw job

dude banked in a 3 at the buzzer and moron refs overturned it. major screw job
I really think when they showed it on the big screen and the crowd roared, the officials were very influenced.

Fire them. Its not a bad call when you can look at it and take your time, its cheating.

CU-screwed.jpg

yeah but sloppy poppy says that video footage doesn't matter

Will NCAA ever do anything? It's one thing when the ref mafia keeps 70 yr old guys who can't run or see employed (and we had our share of complaints in Big East), but when they blatantly get a video evidence call wrong it's a travesty. Come on. There should be some punishment.

But there will be nothing, and there will be no incentive for the Ref Union to employ better professionals or to keep them accountable.

Oh, man, just from those two frames, it's so close. IMHO, not convincing enough to overturn whatever the original call was. But I don't know if that is the criteria like it is with a football replay.

Oh, man, just from those two frames, it's so close. IMHO, not convincing enough to overturn whatever the original call was. But I don't know if that is the criteria like it is with a football replay.

Thing is they didn't make an initial call.

a. the play was originally called good
b. according to seth davis there is nothing in the rules about following the oringinal call. they are supposed to judge the play from the replay alone.

That was my concern. To my knowledge, the original call doesn't matter, though I am not 100% sure of that. I believe it's like the reviews of 3 pointers. They make a call, which really only acts as a placeholder, until the next whistle, when they ultimately make a decision.

according to seth davis and others, they did. davis said 1 ref def said it was good.

they also changed the score on the scoreboard (not sure if thats official or not)

That was my concern. To my knowledge, the original call doesn't matter, though I am not 100% sure of that. I believe it's like the reviews of 3 pointers. They make a call, which really only acts as a placeholder, until the next whistle, when they ultimately make a decision.

i think you are correct according to some tweets i saw tonight.

and going with the replay, am i the only 1 who think its was very close? i have a tough time saying col got SCREWED.

IMO, dont give up a big lead like you did and dont worry about it.

I like the way football treats it - the refs make a ruling on the field, and the replay must clearly show they were wrong to overturn the original ruling. To me, it's kinda bogus for the refs to go, "Gee I don't know, let's see what the replay shows" without having to make a call first. That just riles everyone up, and makes it look like they are concocting a call that is politically expedient.

Mindful of the Devendorf shot to win the what became the 6OT game against UConn. But, honestly, the refs got that one right.

a. the play was originally called good
b. according to seth davis there is nothing in the rules about following the oringinal call. they are supposed to judge the play from the replay alone.
who cares?
The from-behind video is too close to call and the side-view video CLEARLY shows that the ball is out of his hands with .1 on the clock— so how is it possible to rule the shot no good? THERE IS NO VIDEO CLEARLY SHOWING THE BALL STILL IN HIS HANDS WITH ZERO ON THE CLOCK

Mindful of the Devendorf shot to win the 6OT game against UConn. But, honestly, the refs got that one right.
Yes, the refs did get that one right, because upon careful examination of the available video it was clear the ball was still in Devo's hands with zero on the clock.

The side view showed the ball was half a foot out of his hands.
The front view you see his hand snap but the ball is already out of his hand. The lack of arc on the ball makes it tough to see.

They should not have even used the behind view, because you simply cannot tell if his hands are actually touching the ball or not. It is inconclusive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom