Colorado just got ABSOLUTELY ROBBED against 'zona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colorado just got ABSOLUTELY ROBBED against 'zona

I like the way football treats it - the refs make a ruling on the field, and the replay must clearly show they were wrong to overturn the original ruling. To me, it's kinda bogus for the refs to go, "Gee I don't know, let's see what the replay shows" without having to make a call first. That just riles everyone up, and makes it look like they are concocting a call that is politically expedient.

exactly. thats the fairest way to do it. the call on the field/court stands unless there is conclusive evidence to overturn it. if theres no conclusive evidence either way then the original call stands.

this call was all about home cooking. similar to the immaculate reception, if that play took place in oakland then its no touchdown. if tonite's game was in colorado they would have counted it.

They should not have even used the behind view, because you simply cannot tell if his hands are actually touching the ball or not. It is inconclusive.
A_vGu0wCMAAi6w0.jpg:large

From this angle, like you said, this looks like it's out of his hand with time on the clock.

who cares?
The from-behind video is too close to call and the side-view video CLEARLY shows that the ball is out of his hands with .1 on the clock— so how is it possible to rule the shot no good? THERE IS NO VIDEO CLEARLY SHOWING THE BALL STILL IN HIS HANDS WITH ZERO ON THE CLOCK

just stating the rules man.

2 things though.

1. there doesnt have to be video clearly showing the ball in his hands - simply because it doesnt matter what the original call was
2. according to a kenpom tweet, the side angle had an unoffical clock that was behind.

it was a ridiculous close shot. it has no effect on cuse. why are you so worried about it dude?

2 things though.

1. there doesnt have to be video clearly showing the ball in his hands - simply because it doesnt matter what the original call was
2. according to a kenpom tweet, the side angle had an unoffical clock that was behind.

it was a ridiculous close shot. it has no effect on cuse. why are you so worried about it dude?
the "who cares" was in regard to what Seth Davis was trying to say... why? because a team got screwed and I hate arizona, that's why. why are you so worried about defending the refs?

and the side view CLEARLY SHOWS .1 ON THE OFFICIAL TIMER ON TOP OF THE BACKBOARD, WITH THE BALL CLEARLY OUT OF HIS HANDS

the "who cares" was in regard to what Seth Davis was trying to say... why? because a team got screwed and I hate arizona, that's why. why are you so worried about defending the refs?

i wouldnt really say im defending the refs. i 'think' the ball was out of his hands.

but i couldnt care less for numerous reasons:
1. it was insanely close, closer than devo's imo
2. it has zero effect on cuse
3. col gave up a huge lead all game to put them in that situation

this call was way too close to call it ROBBED or HOME COOKING. but to each its own. I am going to top off my wine glass and fall asleep on my man chair while watching the last 5 min of oregon-kstate. go cuse.

2 things though.

We care about integrity. Of everything. Integrity should not be open to debate, under any circumstance, no matter how small, no matter who is involved. If integrity doesn't matter in an instance like this, then it just becomes a matter of degree, succumbing to the lowest interpretation, and soon nothing matters but political expediency.

on another note, how the hell is arizona still undefeated? florida had them beat, they were up 6 with under a minute left with possession, and colorado literally had them beat if not for the refs bs.

We care about integrity. Of everything. Integrity should not be open to debate, under any circumstance, no matter how small, no matter who is involved. If integrity doesn't matter in an instance like this, then it just becomes a matter of degree, succumbing to the lowest interpretation, and soon nothing matters but political expediency.

I envisioned Jack Nicholson while reading that.

the syracuse xp was more clearly a bad call than this. this call is debatable.

I envisioned Jack Nicholson while reading that.

10539598-large.jpg

Son, we play a game that needs calls. And those calls have to be made by men with whistles. Who's gonna do it? You? You, PoppyHart? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Colorado and you curse the Wildcats. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Colorado's loss, while tragic, probably saved Arizona's number one seed. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved Arizona's number one seed...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me making that call. You need me making that call. We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very calls I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a whistle and call a game. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

on another note, how the hell is arizona still undefeated? florida had them beat, they were up 6 with under a minute left with possession, and colorado literally had them beat if not for the refs bs.
Luke Winns Mathematical formulas don't account for this, neither does Kenny's or Jeff's. it's called getting lucky.

Oh, man, just from those two frames, it's so close. IMHO, not convincing enough to overturn whatever the original call was. But I don't know if that is the criteria like it is with a football replay.
i think the ball is clearly out in those frames

i think the ball is clearly out in those frames

In the second one, yes, but with 0.0 on the clock. Not so clear in the first with 0.1 on the clock.

The side view is more clear. Check down a few posts in this thread.

according to seth davis and others, they did. davis said 1 ref def said it was good.

they also changed the score on the scoreboard (not sure if thats official or not)

When I was watching the game, the announcers said they didn't make the call. Oh, well, they still got robbed.

He did bank it it was a lucky shot it was to begin with, I'd maybe feel bad for him if it was a swish.

I like Zona they are the west coast Syracuse. Can you imagine the outrage if we ever won a game like that in the Dome? Lyons from upstate NY and got recruited to X by Miller. They just can't lose this year Florida and CU games haven't been their nights JOhnson and Lyons were each off both games and somehow they won both. Miller will use this to motivate them I bet they're the last team to lose.

Colorado won't shoot like that again all year from 3 point range, especially that walk on Chen. I love the fact they dominated U of A and everything dropped for them and they didn't escape McKale with a win.

They should not have even used the behind view, because you simply cannot tell if his hands are actually touching the ball or not. It is inconclusive.
I think you are high.

He did bank it it was a lucky shot it was to begin with, I'd maybe feel bad for him if it was a swish.

I like Zona they are the west coast Syracuse. Can you imagine the outrage if we ever won a game like that in the Dome? Lyons from upstate NY and got recruited to X by Miller. They just can't lose this year Florida and CU games haven't been their nights JOhnson and Lyons were each off both games and somehow they won both. Miller will use this to motivate them I bet they're the last team to lose.

Colorado won't shoot like that again all year from 3 point range, especially that walk on Chen. I love the fact they dominated U of A and everything dropped for them and they didn't escape McKale with a win.

but will lose in the 2nd round of the tourney.

who cares?
The from-behind video is too close to call and the side-view video CLEARLY shows that the ball is out of his hands with .1 on the clock— so how is it possible to rule the shot no good? THERE IS NO VIDEO CLEARLY SHOWING THE BALL STILL IN HIS HANDS WITH ZERO ON THE CLOCK

The side view is perhaps irrelevant. You go by the light and not the clock (and it seems like that clock was not matching the backboard clock which is a problem in itself). But I still agree, there is no video evidence of the ball being in his hand at 0.0. Its possible in the couple hundredths of a second that elapsed between frames that it was shot late (but its also just as possible that it was not). You have no video evidence of it being late. It has to be good.

doesnt the side view show the ball gone and the light not on on the backboard?

Anyone arguing that the refs made the right call is drunk, and needs to go home.

doesnt the side view show the ball gone and the light not on on the backboard?

You are probably correct on that -- I was focused on the one view they showed a few times on the boradcast -- but I see a more detailed view is now posted. The view that showed the clock at :01 when he released it (and did not show the backboard).

Either way, there is no view that shows it should not count. Terrible call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom