Columbia slapping Nova | Syracusefan.com

Columbia slapping Nova

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Up 11 with 13 left. Plenty of time, but still...

Up 11 with 13 left. Plenty of time, but still...
Was about to post the same... Think Jay Wright needs to focus less on the Clooney smile and more on recruiting a front court...been a rough couple seasons...

Sounds like Nova is having trouble with the Columbia zone. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this bodes well for us when we play them.

My god nova sucks. I still remember all the hire jay wright posts a couple of years back. Comical

Honestly what happened to Villanova?

I feel that Jay Wright is one of the best in the business, and if you look at the high school ranking of their guys they have talent. I honestly dont know how they went from final four to absolute joke so quickly. Would love some insight.

I feel that Jay Wright is one of the best in the business, and if you look at the high school ranking of their guys they have talent. I honestly dont know how they went from final four to absolute joke so quickly. Would love some insight.

They had a poor recruting class in 08-08 that killed them. Their class of yarou, wayans, cheek and armwood rivaled our class of dnic, trob, watkins and louie. Difference is our classes post that class picked up big time in talent and they have not.

over rated.

The BE gets 7 in the tourney at most. Big drop off after the top 8. (SU, Lou, Cincy, Marq, ND, Gtown, Pitt, and UConn)

They had a poor recruting class in 08-08 that killed them. Their class of yarou, wayans, cheek and armwood rivaled our class of dnic, trob, watkins and louie. Difference is our classes post that class picked up big time in talent and they have not.

You are right there recruiting is down largely because we have been beating out for the best Philly talent. That said Jay has been unable or unwilling to adjust his style of play to suit his team, which makes him an average coach at best.

You are right there recruiting is down largely because we have been beating out for the best Philly talent. That said Jay has been unable or unwilling to adjust his style of play to suit his team, which makes him an average coach at best.

The whole 3 guard offense aint gonna work with the guys he is bringing in.

@AdamZagoria: Huge win for Kyle Smith's crew @GoColumbiaLions
Lions defeat Villanova, 75-57! It's their first win against a BIG EAST squad since 1985!

I think Nova has been a victim of off the court issues. I've heard they've had internal problems starting around the end of the Scottie era. Don't know what's up with this year's team, but they look awful.

I wonder if Jay's seat is feeling a bit warm.

I've suggested this to friends who have ties to Nova. The typical response is No way. Nova fans love Jay.

well if they have another year like last year—and it's sure shaping up that way—his seat must be getting a little warm...

well if they have another year like last year—and it's sure shaping up that way—his seat must be getting a little warm...

Oh that is a guarantee. This isnt a good basketball team.

Definitely weird.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey, just remember...we're playing an Ivy League team tomorrow night. The Ivies always offer some surprises this time of year.

Yes, and I believe Princeton has been tabbed as the favorite in the Ivy this year.

Columbia???? Wow. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Columbia in the not so distant past hold the dubious honor of having one of the longest losing streaks? Or was that their football team. But still. Aren't they usually bottom dwellers in the Ivy??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom