Coming up for FSU, looking for advice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coming up for FSU, looking for advice

I haven't been to one in a few years, so I can't speak on the atmosphere, but I do know that they still do it:

Last time I did Shaunessy’s was 2018 UNC with Jake and I remember it being a noon game but a fun pregame bar.

I’d ask Bayside44 but Faegans was the Drago to his Apollo the night before.

Last time I did Shaunessy’s was 2018 UNC with Jake and I remember it being a noon game but a fun pregame bar.

I’d ask Bayside44 but Faegans was the Drago to his Apollo the night before.

Yeah the last time I went, it was fun. Good postgame option as well.

Does Shaughnessy's still have a good pre-game bar atmosphere? Our hotel is near there this weekend, and since it's a nooner, thinking of going there for a few pops, then doing the shuttle up.

Not to sound like an alcoholic (but let's not kid ourselves), does the Cuse on the Quad thing sell beer?
I was at Shaughnessy’s before NCSU and it was solid, a lot of orange. I will warn you though… their pint glasses have ND emblems on them. So the bar may be stocked with bandwagon ND fans too. I had a good experience but keep in mind I wasnt there before a nooner.

Im not sure if the quad sells beer unless you’re in a private event. Somebody else can field this question. Ill be in the quad before this game.

I was at Shaughnessy’s before NCSU and it was solid, a lot of orange. I will warn you though… their pint glasses have ND emblems on them. So the bar may be stocked with bandwagon ND fans too. I had a good experience but keep in mind I wasnt there before a nooner.

Im not sure if the quad sells beer unless you’re in a private event. Somebody else can field this question. Ill be in the quad before this game.

The quad sells beer, just expect to pay Dome prices for it ($14 for a Fiddlehead). This was before the Wagner game, which was a 5 pm start. Not sure if they sell beer before nooners, but I don't see why not.

I used to tailgate at the eye center right at that intersection. The energy on Marshall st has died in recent years compared to what it used to be. The energy seems to be spread out everywhere now. When is the last time you actually tried tailgating at Manley or Skytop? Just because they are farther from campus doesn't mean there isn't hundreds of people tailgating right next to you. I honestly love the urban tailgating we have at Syracuse. Its more interesting than all the other tailgating scenes ive been a part of because it isn't just one giant hunk of people. I mean there are people that tailgate under 81 lol. Its all over the place and fun.
My pass is Manley north (Comstock north). I don't bother with the shuttle. It's an easy 1 mile walk - slightly uphill going, slightly downhill returning. It's a decent scene and pretty easy in and out, although I don't usually leave right away because I visit with my daughter who lives on Sumner Ave, which is a pretty quick diversion on the way back to the lot. Or we go to Schine or Marshall street after.
Even the few times I do leave right after, it's a pretty easy getaway from the lot to i481 or east to E. Syracuse or DeWitt, if that's where you're headed.
It's actually faster to walk to the lot after the game than to wait for the shuttles.
I don't know if you can drive up to the lot and pay cash. I forgot my permit to the Purdue game(doh!) and they wouldn't let me in.

Hello. 40+ year Orange fan coming up for FSU game. I have seen the Orange in 11 stadiums from Maryland to Tampa to Baton Rouge but have never been up to Syracuse. Flying in Friday night and out noon on Sunday so probably wont have time for exploring. Hopefully the game will be in a night slot so we can do things during the day. We are staying at Homewood Suites in East Syracuse. Where would you recommend we get tickets. I like first rows in upper deck corners. It gives a good view of the action and in my opinion better sight lines. What about parking? What is there to do on gameday? Are there any don't miss activities? Son is a FSU student and will be wearing FSU gear (rooting for SU, I Hope). Will fans treat him cordially? Looking forward to seeing my team on their home turf and would like to partake in a true Syracuse CFB experience. All suggestions welcomed.
Very bummed about CU game. The officiating was abysmal, and the ACC owes fans an explanation. This week has been like a funeral. Living in SEC/ ACC country , I have had fans from top southern teams tell me that the refs screwed us. They want an explanation. College football fans need and deserve an explanation. The number of fans saying the game is fixed and corrupt seems to multiply each season. Is college football another American institution that is dying? Sorry for the officiating rant.
Looking forward to hearing many recommendations for our visit.
Any seat is good.

Are you a veteran?

If so go here for free tickets.

I believe Notre Dame fans are going to be there in huge numbers...but most of them are locals.

My pass is Manley north (Comstock north). I don't bother with the shuttle. It's an easy 1 mile walk - slightly uphill going, slightly downhill returning. It's a decent scene and pretty easy in and out, although I don't usually leave right away because I visit with my daughter who lives on Sumner Ave, which is a pretty quick diversion on the way back to the lot. Or we go to Schine or Marshall street after.
Even the few times I do leave right after, it's a pretty easy getaway from the lot to i481 or east to E. Syracuse or DeWitt, if that's where you're headed.
It's actually faster to walk to the lot after the game than to wait for the shuttles.
I don't know if you can drive up to the lot and pay cash. I forgot my permit to the Purdue game(doh!) and they wouldn't let me in.
Have you discovered the short cut through the cemetery yet?

My pass is Manley north (Comstock north).
I’m surprised when you forgot your pass that the attendant didn’t give you the option to pay the $20. It’s a pay lot and a permit lot.

Thats my lot now as well. Do you walk the street to The Dome or cut through Oakwood? My buddy was lazy this year and decided he didn't want to walk. I guess it also lets us tailgate for longer time taking the shuttle haha.

I’m surprised when you forgot your pass that the attendant didn’t give you the option to pay the $20. It’s a pay lot and a permit lot.
They made me leave

Thats my lot now as well. Do you walk the street to The Dome or cut through Oakwood? My buddy was lazy this year and decided he didn't want to walk. I guess it also lets us tailgate for longer time taking the shuttle haha.
I walk the streets. I've taken the bus, but I won't wait for long. It's an easy walk from the corner of Euclid and College place.

I walk the streets. I've taken the bus, but I won't wait for long. It's an easy walk from the corner of Euclid and College place.
Yea I've done that as well. If you aren't visiting your daughter give Oakwood a try sometime. It's an incredible plot of land.

You aren't the party with the Rick Flair flag are you?

Are you guys the group with the huge CBS Sports flag?

These are my flags...

Screenshot_20221028-164407.png
Screenshot_20221028-164336.png