Commitment Situation for 2020 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Commitment Situation for 2020

You’re assuming they both return. And even if they do, Braswell could still see a lot of minutes.

Well people have assumed Dolezaj would leave for 2 years so...

Every preseason, "we won't have room, why would player X leave?"

Every postseason, "I can't believe player X left."

Rinse, repeat.

Pretty much this. Again I love Washington and what he is comeback from is amazing but there really isn't a path to him playing anytime soon.

Well people have assumed Dolezaj would leave for 2 years so...

Hughes and Q go pro and it could open a spot for Braswell at the 3 with Dolezaj at the 4.

Washington and Braswell. Haven't seen any discussions on these two (unless I missed some). Sounds like they could be the odd men out if Guerrier, Carey and Goodine perform well. Any thoughts on how they looked in the Orange/White game?

Washington and Braswell. Haven't seen any discussions on these two (unless I missed some). Sounds like they could be the odd men out if Guerrier, Carey and Goodine perform well. Any thoughts on how they looked in the Orange/White game?
My thread above got moved here which, after reading some posts, it does provide some information.

He was a better PG than either Frank or Tyus. (I didn't say athlete, or even more effective player, I just said he was the best PG on the team.) Excellent vision, good distributor. Frank and Tyus were SGs who couldn't shoot, trying to play PG. Carey stunk, plain and simple.

You might want to walk back your statement. The sample size isn't just small, it's basically non-existent to compare Washington against either Frank or Tyus no matter what the measurement. You don't know if he has excellent vision or if he's a good distributor based on the 6 mins average/game and .6 apg in 18 games as a freshman. That's not a sample size to measure any aspect of his point guard skills. And you can't extrapolate his stats out to 10 mins, which he may have gotten last year had he not been hurt because he's never played that much. Let's see him do something given even a little time before hindsight proclaims him the best guard on last year's or the year before's team.

I've always hat
You might want to walk back your statement. The sample size isn't just small, it's basically non-existent to compare Washington against either Frank or Tyus no matter what the measurement. You don't know if he has excellent vision or if he's a good distributor based on the 6 mins average/game and .6 apg in 18 games as a freshman. That's not a sample size to measure any aspect of his point guard skills. And you can't extrapolate his stats out to 10 mins, which he may have gotten last year had he not been hurt because he's never played that much. Let's see him do something given even a little time before hindsight proclaims him the best guard on last year's or the year before's team.

I've always hated extrapolation. The players this is done with don't always play against the other teams starters and Never play at crunch time. It's like saying about a self employed person, well I made $200/ hour today so this year I should pull down 400K.

Not many minutes.

I kind of love the idea of having a proven veteran team. Its been a while because our players get their heads filled with NBA talk if they are any good. If Guerrier goes for 20 and 10 vs UVA it'll start up again. If we can get through this year with none of that crap and him and Elijah accept they aren't going to be lottery picks we don't need any burger boys.

My only reservation is we might be tying up scholarships on some big men who aren't very good and aren't ACC level but I'm refering to guys I haven't seen play yet and could be totally wrong and we are also using a scholly on a PG I expect to never play meaningful minutes.
So last years teaming returning all 5 starters doesn't count as a veteran team to start the year? Didn't work out as well as expected but expectations were high because it was veteran.

Every preseason, "we won't have room, why would player X leave?"

Every postseason, "I can't believe player X left."

Rinse, repeat.
Hammer, meet nail.
So many Nostradamus’, so little time. :rolleyes:

Some things, such as vision and court awarenesses, are easy to see. Frank and Tyus really didn't have those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom