Commitment Situation for 2020 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Commitment Situation for 2020

We have twelve guys now. If Hughes leaves we are up to 2 open spots and if one person transfers we are up to 3. This isn’t complicated math.

And if no one transfers (and/or Hughes stays) we are short spots. I get the sense that the Isaiah interested was a bit unanticipated. So if that comes to fruition and we need to come up with a spot I'd much rather see Buddy go off scholarship for a year than a scenario where another player has to be "encouraged" to leave. Heck, give JB a $25k raise and call it a day!

And if no one transfers (and/or Hughes stays) we are short spots. I get the sense that the Isaiah interested was a bit unanticipated. So if that comes to fruition and we need to come up with a spot I'd much rather see Buddy go off scholarship for a year than a scenario where another player has to be "encouraged" to leave. Heck, give JB a $25k raise and call it a day!
It’s $75,000 to attend SU. He wouldn’t receive 100% free tuition, so you better double that to at least a $50,000 raise.

or, your assumptions are incorrect & the staff is already fully aware of how many spots they are going to have open

Last edited:
It’s $75,000 to attend SU. He wouldn’t receive 100% free tuition, so you better double that to at least a $50,000 raise.

$20-25k per year.

or, your assumptions are incorrect & the staff is already fully aware of how many spots they are going to have open
No assumptions. Just running through potential scenarios.

Well seeing how the carts in front of the stinking horse, do you guys think Jackson can make the grade in the G League or will he sit out like Bazely and go in the first round?

there are many ways to get paid playing basketball, the nba is only one of them.
college is not

I realize that. That’s what will happen. He’ll play somewhere other than the NBA. That’s true with most of the players who leave SU early.

I think the staff might assume Washington and/or Braswell would be transfer candidate as it seems unlikely they will get on the floor anytime soon.

I get the idea of Buddy not being on scholarship because he is JAB's son but the reality is he will be the starting 2 guard shooting the ball at north of 40% from deep and possibly the 2nd leading scorer on the team. The kid has earned his scholarship.

He was a better PG than either Frank or Tyus. (I didn't say athlete, or even more effective player, I just said he was the best PG on the team.) Excellent vision, good distributor. Frank and Tyus were SGs who couldn't shoot, trying to play PG. Carey stunk, plain and simple.
I don’t think his vision is excellent, but he mostly managed to avoid mistakes. You gotta have a good penetrator and scorer at PG, and I don’t think Washington has those skills, at least on a high level.

I think the staff might assume Washington and/or Braswell would be transfer candidate as it seems unlikely they will get on the floor anytime soon.
Perhaps...but those are my two favorite players on this team.
Look at what Howard Washington has been through...a stroke!
And Syracuse is THE place he wanted to be.
There's a backlog in the backcourt but it would be nice to see him cut the line.

And based solely on the way Braswell moves on the court...(admittedly almost no rationality here) I think Braswell is going to be a big time player. Maybe not this season...but he will be. Every move he makes just flows.
Smooth.

Over Dolezaj and Quincy? Where do you make this stuff up from?

You’re assuming they both return. And even if they do, Braswell could still see a lot of minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom