Completely Outcoached Through 25 Minutes of Play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Completely Outcoached Through 25 Minutes of Play

Ishmail pushed off because he was being held. That's why the PI flag was thrown...it wasn't an offensive PI call, it was defensive PI and they declined it.

There should be a feature to "dislike" posts to highlight how many ridiculous posts are made by users. Some fans really can't get a hold of their emotions come game time.
I agree, it is one thing to not be in control of your emotions...which I am guilty of...it is entirely another to say idiotic stuff...which I am also guilty of. Not today for me though :)

Ishmail pushed off because he was being held. That's why the PI flag was thrown...it wasn't an offensive PI call, it was defensive PI and they declined it.
They're talking about the 1st Quarter Ish TD that was wiped out by his offensive PI, not his 4th Quarter TD that he caught in spite of the defensive PI. Both happened in the exact same spot on the field & were absolutely the correct calls.

Syracuse has been out-coached this season, but today wasn't an example of that.

Blatant pushoff. Easy call. Happened right in front of me.

So, just bc it was in front of you in the stands, that means that it was a push off even though the guys in the booth with angles and replay didn't think so? That kinda hand Action is part of the game. Bad call.

You’re taking about his actual TD.

The other posts are related to our first drive of the game.

Rewatching the game right now and wow... the ish TD called back Maddox had a hold of his arm and when ish pushed to shake him off Maddox lost his balance.. horrible call. Meanwhile Maddox twice interfered on throws after that and no call.

It's fascinating Pitt is one of the least penalized teams coming into the game given how many times they were guilty of infractions never called.

Yeah, I just have big doubts about most offensive pass interference flags.

Key word: IDIOTIC.
I'll be honest, today was a very emotional game for the fan (myself). Quick start, all good, then 2 quarters of ugly football before the great drive and catch by Butler to tie it up at half. We get a nice lead 27-16 and things seem juicy for a change. But my brain keeps telling me "this is Pitt, you don't beat them, ever". And sure as shat #4 misses a tackle and we're only up 3. Then we're caught between eating clock or staying aggressive, 4th downs, craziness. Then we're in chip shot range to go up 6 against a second string qb and we go for it and fail. I have some lettuce on the cuse -3 and I'm stomping in circles in my living room while the wife has no idea what's going down. We win but...wow, I need another beer just talking about it. 12 men on the field (3 times), a 56 yarder off the cross bar, the missed hold in the endzone for a safety (to cover) and the win...lets not forget about the obvious false start... when you beat Pitt it's a good day!!!! LGO!!!!

I may have jumped the gun on this. I'm known for it.

I'll own it. Continue killing me -- I'm game.

Just happy we won. Love our staff -- just wish we'd stop the silly substitution infractions and silly mistakes.

It happens. I freaked out and ripped Ish after he didn’t come up with the jump ball in the end zone early in the LSU game. He’s been incredible ever since.

The big coaching problem I had was not running the clock down on our final drive. I get wanting to stay aggressive but man they shouldn't have even gotten the ball back.

It happens. I freaked out and ripped Ish after he didn’t come up with the jump ball in the end zone early in the LSU game. He’s been incredible ever since.

Rewatch that play.The replay from the field,looking into the end zone shows the ball heading straight into Ish's hands and Pierce comes across at the last second and gets a hand on it.I don't blame Ish for that one.

I didn't like multiple 12 man violations. that to me is on coaches.

You can have 12 men on the field during a timeout.

The plan is to wait until Pitt comes back on the field and see if they're "run heavy" or "pass heavy", and make the defensive adjustment.

Obviously, our 12th man has to get off the field before Pitt snaps the ball.

Cmon.

Ishmael pushed off.
He definitely did, and under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. But Ish pushed off because he was frustrated at being mugged by the defender. If the ref is going to let the DB get away with contact, he has to give the WR the same leeway.

I didn't like multiple 12 man violations. that to me is on coaches.
Coming out of a double timeout and still having to send in 4 new players during play is entirely on ward as D.C. That is not smart at all. I think he called a good game defensively though other than that.

You can have 12 men on the field during a timeout.

The plan is to wait until Pitt comes back on the field and see if they're "run heavy" or "pass heavy", and make the defensive adjustment.

Obviously, our 12th man has to get off the field before Pitt snaps the ball.
In 1 or 2 instances, the penalty was called before the snap. I believe the announcers said you can't break the huddle with 12 players.

In 1 or 2 instances, the penalty was called before the snap. I believe the announcers said you can't break the huddle with 12 players.

Offenses can't break the huddle with 12.

Defenses never huddle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom