Concerning... | Syracusefan.com

Concerning...

Nick44

All Conference
Did anyone catch the Nick Saban ESPN piece? About how the next season starts 48 hours after the bowl but more like 2 hours because someone may end up doing something that effects the future of the program that requires the management of the Head Coach?

If correct, then who is running the football program at this time? I think that's a fair question.

Did anyone catch the Nick Saban ESPN piece? About how the next season starts 48 hours after the bowl but more like 2 hours because someone may end up doing something that effects the future of the program that requires the management of the Head Coach?

If correct, then who is running the football program at this time? I think that's a fair question.

I think that is pretty simple ... as of now Marrone is ... not sure why people assume otherwise. And comparing what Nick Saban has to deal with 48 hours after a bowl game vice what Marrone has to deal with 48 hours after a bowl game is ridiculous at best. Honestly ... FWIW 48 hours after the bowl game was Dec 31st .. and none of this was going on at that point.

Marrone's in Arizona, isn't he?

I think that is pretty simple ... as of now Marrone is ... not sure why people assume otherwise. And comparing what Nick Saban has to deal with 48 hours after a bowl game vice what Marrone has to deal with 48 hours after a bowl game is ridiculous at best. Honestly ... FWIW 48 hours after the bowl game was Dec 31st .. and none of this was going on at that point.

For example, if a player is having issues and is considering a transfer to be closer to home (hypothetical), that to me sounds like something Saban is talking about. As a HC, needing to be there to talk with the player and work through those issues.

Syracuse players don't have that right now.

Are the players even on campus now? I am sure it is different for the atheletes, but I know my daugter can not be on campus right now as the housing is closed during the break where she goes, but I am sure mot likely have aprtments on South Campus and maybe that is different

For example, if a player is having issues and is considering a transfer to be closer to home (hypothetical), that to me sounds like something Saban is talking about. As a HC, needing to be there to talk with the player and work through those issues.

Syracuse players don't have that right now.

Ok and that stuff is probably covered in exit interviews which have occurred or been scheduled. But Saban's biggest problem is how many underclassmen declare ... not transfers ... yes kids to transfer to be closer to home but lets not make it sound like about 20 of them are ready to pack up and blow town. Especially when the deadline for declaring is nearing, these kids will reach out to Marrone either via cell ... through his staff or when he returns. We have no knowledge of how involved he has been but based on a few posts I have seen here members of the team have a good idea as to what is going on or at least what resources they have access to and don't seem to be all that concerned. Frankly if people stopped fretting over what could be happen and wait until all the data is out there it would be better for all ... speculation can lead down some bad roads.

The players almost exclusively communicate through their position coach. They are more than capable to handle most things. Everyone's not blowing up Marrone's or most HC cell over every player and scenario and problem. As a matter of fact I think there is a way less communication between HC and players than many think.

The players almost exclusively communicate through their position coach. They are more than capable to handle most things. Everyone's not blowing up Marrone's or most HC cell over every player and scenario and problem. As a matter of fact I think there is a way less communication between HC and players than many think.

Boeheim hasn't spoken to any of his players since they signed their LOIs ... hell Lawrence Moten is still waiting for Jimmy to call him back.

Seriously? Interviews with the Browns, Bills and Eagles coming up and you still believe DM is @ the helm? I know reporters don't exactly have a ton of credibility anymore but it is awfully hard to counter the reports with anything but blind faith.

Likely, no one is in control of the program right now. Sometimes reality bites.

Seriously? Interviews with the Browns, Bills and Eagles coming up and you still believe DM is @ the helm? I know reporters don't exactly have a ton of credibility anymore but it is awfully hard to counter the reports with anything but blind faith.

Likely, no one is in control of the program right now. Sometimes reality bites.

Does he have a contract? Has he signed an offer? Good lord man ... he hasn't even resigned ... until he does he is HC ... not too hard conceptually is it? He will do what is needed to do for this program ... when Marrone stands at a podium and says "I am leaving SU" then I will ask the question of who is in charge. Until then whether he interviews with the Cleveland Browns or the University of Southwest Oklahoma Tech at Lawton then I am willing to bet he is still doing what needs to be done.

Does he have a contract? Has he signed an offer? Good lord man ... he hasn't even resigned ... until he does he is HC ... not too hard conceptually is it? He will do what is needed to do for this program ... when Marrone stands at a podium and says "I am leaving SU" then I will ask the question of who is in charge. Until then whether he interviews with the Cleveland Browns or the University of Southwest Oklahoma Tech at Lawton then I am willing to bet he is still doing what needs to be done.
I give you a ton a credit. I simply do not have as much faith as you appear to have. I truly hope you are correct.

I give you a ton a credit. I simply do not have as much faith as you appear to have. I truly hope you are correct.

I think Marrone is a good man and will do right by SU ... I try to put myself in his position. Honestly I had a conversation with my manager about my pay about 8 months ago ... he literally told me the following, "If you want more $$$ and a promotion you should go out and interview and bring back an offer letter. That is the best leverage you can get. If for some reason the pay is that much higher and it can't be matched and you take it I understand; however if you get an offer with a small increase usually my superiors will carve out the necessary money to give you a raise to keep you here." Indeed I really had that conversation and just started looking around and getting some interest, thankfully a raise and promotion came before I got to the offer letter phase. It didn't effect my on the job performance and I had the highest peer rating during that time than I had in the last 7 years ... I knew what I wanted and I followed the advice of someone who knows the system. I am willing to bet Marrone will do the same .. except he has Coach Mac to lean on for the pros and cons of this pursuit.

Nobody seems to use this word anymore.

disconcerting

Something is disconcerting if it makes you uneasy or unsettles you.

Nobody seems to use this word anymore.

disconcerting

Something is disconcerting if it makes you uneasy or unsettles you.

diarrhea is disconcerting. I truly get unsettled by it.

Sorry, you probably had a point other than poo. But I have two 4 yr olds and poop is a big word right now. And for all the wrong reasons.

diarrhea is disconcerting. I truly get unsettled by it.

Sorry, you probably had a point other than poo. But I have two 4 yr olds and poop is a big word right now. And for all the wrong reasons.

Ahhh, I remember those days...not all that fondly.

.. except he has Coach Mac to lean on for the pros and cons of this pursuit.
Hard to remember back clearly, but wasn't Mac's pursuit like a lightning bolt, out of the blue. No press releases during the search, just Wham! He was gone. The memories I have were ppl were glad for him and proud our program produced a NFL worthy coach. The hand-wringing was when we chose a Penn St grad to replace him.

Hard to remember back clearly, but wasn't Mac's pursuit like a lightning bolt, out of the blue. No press releases during the search, just Wham! He was gone. The memories I have were ppl were glad for him and proud our program produced a NFL worthy coach. The hand-wringing was when we chose a Penn St grad to replace him.

Agreed ... I think from a procedural standpoint Mac will be able to help him transition ... but what a whirlwind ... I really thought he was going to stay ... totally bummed but happy for him.

Agreed ... I think from a procedural standpoint Mac will be able to help him transition ... but what a whirlwind ... I really thought he was going to stay ... totally bummed but happy for him.
Agree, this sucks but is a good opportunity for DM. Lets just pray TDG has plan B executed ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom