Conference Re-Alignment - Things that make me laugh | Syracusefan.com

Conference Re-Alignment - Things that make me laugh

sabach

All American
I thought I'd post some of the things that have made me laugh the past week. Maybe you can share some too.

1) Rutgers fans complaining that Syracuse hasn't been relevant in FB in 25 years

2) Notre Dame administration complaining about colleges acting in their sole interest

AND HERE'S THE BIG ONE

3) Georgetown fans (with their 1-AA FB team) complaining that they will not be in a BCS conference anymore.

3) Georgetown fans (with their 1-AA FB team) complaining that they will not be in a BCS conference anymore.
Someone actually posted that?

I thought I'd post some of the things that have made me laugh the past week. Maybe you can share some too.

1) Rutgers fans complaining that Syracuse hasn't been relevant in FB in 25 years

2) Notre Dame administration complaining about colleges acting in their sole interest

AND HERE'S THE BIG ONE

I hope Rutgers fans aren't really saying that. 25 years ago was 1996, we were relevent from there through 2001. We were really only irrelevant from 2002-2009. We're back to being relevant again. Compare that to Rutgers football history where they weren't relevant for 100 years! Then they had 2 good seasons, and have stunk since, and are irrelevant again. Classic!

As far as Notre Dame goes, they are the biggest hypocrites of all in this whole thing.

Georgetown...well...it's 11:06 and Georgetown still sucks...enough said.

I hope Rutgers fans aren't really saying that. 25 years ago was 1996, we were relevent from there through 2001. We were really only irrelevant from 2002-2009. We're back to being relevant again. Compare that to Rutgers football history where they weren't relevant for 100 years! Then they had 2 good seasons, and have stunk since, and are irrelevant again. Classic!

As far as Notre Dame goes, they are the biggest hypocrites of all in this whole thing.

25 years ago was 1986...but I'm picking up what your putting down. Rutgers is a joke.

Actually, 25 years ago goes back to 1986. Didn't SU have a good FB team in 1987? I remember a certain QB who finished 2nd in the Heisman that year.

Subtract 10.
Wow...math fail...Yes it was 1986.

So that furthers my point. We were relevant in 1987, won some big bowl games in the early 90s (Colorado anyone?), were relevant with Graves, McNabb, etc, then Freeney was our last real nationally relevant team. But we're coming back. So as down as we were, Rutgers has 100 years of being that down.

Actually, 25 years ago goes back to 1986. Didn't SU have a good FB team in 1987? I remember a certain QB who finished 2nd in the Heisman that year.
Yes, we can agree I screwed that math up lol.

Yeah and then didn't we have a guy in the early 90s who was pretty good and led us to beating Colorado who had some highly drafted NFL players on it? And then didn't we have a guy in the late 90s who was a 4 year starter, won the conference title a few times, and was the #2 overall pick in the draft? Yeah... Rutgers fans...whatever you're smoking it must be good

SU has been relevant since beating Nebraska in 1983. And just four years prior to that -- 1979 -- SU's modest little season, with a very minor bowl, would have qualified as one of Buttgers' best seasons ever.

AND HERE'S THE BIG ONE

The one that made me laugh... with all the questions - where do other BE members go, what happens to TCU, the Big 12, PAC 10, etc. None of those questions was as important as...

4. Will we still be able to buy beer at the dome?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom