Confirmed: Villanova Has Applied For ACC Membership | Syracusefan.com

Confirmed: Villanova Has Applied For ACC Membership

What does Nova check in the "Do you have an FBS football program" box?

Are these the 10 teams that expressed interest? Becasue thats much different than applying for membership correct?

Hmmmm ... 10 teams.Let's play guess the teams. Weknow for a fact (pretty much) the following 3: Connecticut, Rutgers, Villanova. That leaves 7: Here are my guesses:

Louisville: academically, eh. Good fit athletically and geographically
South Florida: academically, eh. Good fit athletically and geographically
Penn State: Many alum would love to see PSU stay in the east for a change
Notre Dame: Would have to work around a foootball venue that is ACC beneficial
Georgetown: Hard for me to believe but if Villanova can be considered w/o football ... well just goes to show that they wouldtake anybody.
TCU:Hey they have to go somewhere afterall
Oh Hell: Texas: I really don'tthink so b/c I believe they've hitched their wagon to PAC-12

If Nova had made the decision to upgrade to FBS two years ago, they'd be cashing in big time now. They would be more attractive than Buttgers.

Nova is reasonably likely to have a seat at the table and a football program when this all shakes out.

Nova is reasonably likely to have a seat at the table and a football program when this all shakes out.

In what way? They have no football stadium, no sizable fanbase, and no one in their own city gives a about them.

Temple is a more attractive option than Nova and Temple ain't walking through that door.

I'm fairly certain the article is b.s., it's not like applying to a conference is like filling out an application for McDonald's.

Hmmmm ... 10 teams.Let's play guess the teams. Weknow for a fact (pretty much) the following 3: Connecticut, Rutgers, Villanova. That leaves 7: Here are my guesses:

Louisville: academically, eh. Good fit athletically and geographically
South Florida: academically, eh. Good fit athletically and geographically
Penn State: Many alum would love to see PSU stay in the east for a change
Notre Dame: Would have to work around a foootball venue that is ACC beneficial
Georgetown: Hard for me to believe but if Villanova can be considered w/o football ... well just goes to show that they wouldtake anybody.
TCU:Hey they have to go somewhere afterall
Oh Hell: Texas: I really don'tthink so b/c I believe they've hitched their wagon to PAC-12

Isn't South Florida supposed to be pretty decent academically? Wouldn't mind seeing UConn and South Florida added myself.

We don't want to compete with USF for Florida recruits do we????

Isn't South Florida supposed to be pretty decent academically? Wouldn't mind seeing UConn and South Florida added myself.

USF is a commuter school. It's ranked #181 in the USNWR rankings which puts it as one of the worst universities in any BCS league.

I think the Swofford is full of BS! He's trying to pump up the value of the ACC and how badly people want to join. I'm sure a few schools reached out to them but there is no way 10 schools contacted them imo!

I think the Swofford is full of BS! He's trying to pump up the value of the ACC and how badly people want to join. I'm sure a few schools reached out to them but there is no way 10 schools contacted them imo!

Actually, I do believe it. Depends on how you define 'contacted'. If you mean, "Hey John. Just touching base. I think we would be a good fit. No? All right then, but don't throw away my number.", then some of the below schools could have 'contacted' them. Others (UConn, RU, TX, ND) we KNOW have been talking with them.

UConn
Rutgers
WV
L'ville?
USF?
Cinci?
Kansas
KSU
TX
ND
Possibly others

USF is a commuter school. It's ranked #181 in the USNWR rankings which puts it as one of the worst universities in any BCS league.

No you are thinking of UCF ... pretty sure that is the commuter school you speak of.