Confusing class years | Syracusefan.com

Confusing class years

Tornado91

Walk On
The PS article from this morning referred to Micah Robinson as a 'second year freshman' and Dan Vaughn as a 'fourth year junior.'. Obviously just another way to describe a redshirt, but I haven't seen it until now. I wonder if this is just Nolan, or if there's any recognition by HCDM or the athletic dept of the confusion created by use of players' academic, rather than eligibility, classifications.

Which kinda sucks, frankly, because in my NCAA Football 12 dynasty, Nassib graduates this year, so I've got to start TRGL Charlie Loeb in 2012.

Which kinda sucks, frankly, because in my NCAA Football 12 dynasty, Nassib graduates this year, so I've got to start TRGL Charlie Loeb in 2012.
You don't got to start TRGL Charlie Loeb, Jekelish. It's a choice to start TRGL Charlie Loeb.

I can see where Marrone is coming from. I redshirted a season in college and didn't really appreciate being called a junior when I was a senior. It was nice to see the clarification in today's paper, though.

The PS article from this morning referred to Micah Robinson as a 'second year freshman' and Dan Vaughn as a 'fourth year junior.'. Obviously just another way to describe a redshirt, but I haven't seen it until now. I wonder if this is just Nolan, or if there's any recognition by HCDM or the athletic dept of the confusion created by use of players' academic, rather than eligibility, classifications.
FYI, the SU football roster on the Additional Content drop down menu shows class standing in terms of academics and eligibility. It can be handy to refer to.

You don't got to start TRGL Charlie Loeb, Jekelish. It's a choice to start TRGL Charlie Loeb.

Put PTG at QB and only run the Stallion. Speaking of which...we haven't seen the Stallion this season, have we?

Put PTG at QB and only run the Stallion. Speaking of which...we haven't seen the Stallion this season, have we?

We haven't seen the Stallion since Spence was here.

We haven't seen the Stallion since Spence was here.

I think it has fallen off the face of football altogether. Don't hear much on it anymore at any level.

You see, it's too late already. I finished the 2011 season and went through all of the recruiting and so forth, so Nassib is long gone by this point.

Ah. An unfortunate oversight. I can't even play the game until a decent roster comes out, then I go in and make my own edits to Syracuse, then I go and start my dynasty.

I'm in 2015 right now, I think I'm like #1 in the country at 9-0 with Ashton Broyld and DeVante McFarlane tearing the ACC up. Looking for Doug Marrone's second national championship...

I finished undefeated, and Antwon Bailey broke every single season record in the books, yet he didn't win the Heisman and I didn't win the national championship. Go figure. But hey, at least my (now) 6 month old son won the Butkus Award as a true frosh!

I finished undefeated, and Antwon Bailey broke every single season record in the books, yet he didn't win the Heisman and I didn't win the national championship. Go figure. But hey, at least my (now) 6 month old son won the Butkus Award as a true frosh!

Yeah, the Heisman voters don't like Syracuse in NCAA 12. I had 3 ridiculous seasons with AAM and he'd always lose to someone with worse stats.

Yeah, the Heisman voters don't like Syracuse in NCAA 12. I had 3 ridiculous seasons with AAM and he'd always lose to someone with worse stats.
Geez, man. Why weren't you taking advantage of the Dome and throwing the ball more?:D

And also, it's just so easy to get 10-15 yards a pop in every NCAA game. Plus, there's something extra awesome about running a play straight up the gut and busting it for 50+ yards via several ridiculous jukes and spins. It's more rewarding.