Congrats on getting a Tangerine Bowl invite! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats on getting a Tangerine Bowl invite!

Clemson to CFP.
Syracuse to Orange.

Got it, thats where i see some of us as orange glassed delusional. We are not Orange bowl good. Never have been. We are a good team, not a very good or GREAT team and that is OK. We could be on the next 3 years...

congratulations on the Camping World bid. Well earned and deserved.
Syracuse vs WVu is a game that many folks want to see, with lots of good story lines. Two ranked teams, high octane offenses, history ... frames up as one of the better bowls.
Gator Bowl is a good landing spot for the Wolfpack, but Tx A&M will be no doubt be a tough match up. Still no complaints - it's a bowl with some tradition and pretty accessible for a lot of State fans.
It's good that both SU and NCST were able to go somewhere other Pinstripe and Belk. Those are fine bowls and no doubt offer convenience - but it's "been there, done that" for both the schools (and the bowls)
Not sure how Miami feels about NY, but Virginia is a good choice for the Belk. They have not played in Charlotte for several years, but drew very well when they did.
Look forward to seeing all of the ACC teams in bowl season - we need to notch a few wins to wipe out some of the shade being tossed our way about football.
Enjoy Orlando and good luck.
[]_[] vs W is going to be interesting. I wonder if they’re banking on a bunch of grandpas coming back to NYC to see the ‘Canes play. I’m surprises that they didn’t grab a northeastern anchor.

I am 100% cheering for Clemson in the CFP. As ACC brethren, we should all be cheering for our conference to dismantle all of the competition. Sick and tired of the "ACC is not a football conference" crap. Curbstomp ND, then take Bama to the cleaners... again.

I agree GO Clemson...yet it does not seem to matter when it comes to national perception and announcer biased opinions. Taking head nonsense and junk. What is funny to me is that when this situation you referenced happens everyone says well the rest of ACC is garbage but a Clemson is good or a Florida State is good whatever year it happens. This never happens with SEC schools when they win it all. Albama LSU whoever is at a different level because of th value of conference play. If Georgia has 2 losses they should be in the playoffs because the entire SEC is so great. I think this is ludicrous. They are just as top heavy as everyone else in my opinion Year to Year. The PAC 12 and Big 12 have done very little lately and you never hear the negative chatter the ACC or big east when were a part of it. This post was brought to you by Genesee Cream Ale.

Get off my lawn!

Got it, thats where i see some of us as orange glassed delusional. We are not Orange bowl good. Never have been. We are a good team, not a very good or GREAT team and that is OK. We could be on the next 3 years...
You do realize that if the Orange bowl was not in the CFP rotation this year we would be playing in the Orange Bowl instead of the Camping World.

That is a fact.

You do realize that if the Orange bowl was not in the CFP rotation this year we would be playing in the Orange Bowl instead of the Camping World.

That is a fact.

Whatever the logistics are, i will say this. We arent inside the top 16 or 18 at best. Not sure the criteria of the Orange is but with all this talk of top 4, playoff 4 and such, but we aren't good enough for a NY6 bowl. Its that simple.

The Orange glasses have gotten OOC around here. We deserve right where we are at. Warm weather and WVU might even be ambitious.

Whatever the logistics are, i will say this. We arent inside the top 16 or 18 at best. Not sure the criteria of the Orange is but with all this talk of top 4, playoff 4 and such, but we aren't good enough for a NY6 bowl. Its that simple.

The Orange glasses have gotten OOC around here. We deserve right where we are at. Warm weather and WVU might even be ambitious.
2/3rds of the time, the criteria for the OB is to be the best ACC team that's not in the FF.

If we aren't #2 in the ACC, who is?

The ONLY criteria to be in the Orange Bowl in years when it is not part of the playoff is to be the 2nd highest ranked team in the ACC.

You must have missed this post from Down the Field.
1543912925868.png

Unlike the real Ish, I'm afraid you have dropped the ball.

You may not have even seen the ball. Perhaps tripped coming out of your stance.

C'mon man.

so now ish is blatantly ignoring facts. well that's fun

The logistics are 10000% the point, lol. It’s not an opinion based thing. Orange glasses have nothing to do with it.

2/3rds of the time, the criteria for the OB is to be the best ACC team that's not in the FF.

If we aren't #2 in the ACC, who is?

Forget it, he’s (t)rolling... :rolleyes:

congratulations on the Camping World bid. Well earned and deserved.
Syracuse vs WVu is a game that many folks want to see, with lots of good story lines. Two ranked teams, high octane offenses, history ... frames up as one of the better bowls.
Gator Bowl is a good landing spot for the Wolfpack, but Tx A&M will no doubt be a tough match up. Still no complaints - it's a bowl with some tradition and pretty accessible for a lot of State fans.
It's good that both SU and NCST were able to go somewhere other Pinstripe and Belk. Those are fine bowls and offer convenience - but it's "been there, done that" for both the schools (and the bowls)
Not sure how Miami feels about NY, but Virginia is a good choice for the Belk. They have not played in Charlotte for several years, but drew very well when they did.
Look forward to seeing all of the ACC teams in bowl season - we need to notch a few wins to wipe out some of the shade being tossed our way about football.
Enjoy Orlando and good luck.
Agree, the bowl assignments worked out well for everyone. Except maybe G Tech.

Good luck in Jacksonville.

For the 7,000th time, it's NOT orange colored glasses. It's the bowl we'd automatically be going to if it were last year or next year and we had the EXACT same record or team.

Whether we're ready or whether we'd get crushed is irrelevant.

Why is this concept so g d f hard?

Dear Jesus: Can I have this 45 seconds back?

For the 7,000th time, it's NOT orange colored glasses. It's the bowl we'd automatically be going to if it were last year or next year and we had the EXACT same record or team.

Whether we're ready or whether we'd get crushed is irrelevant.

Why is this concept so g d f hard?

Dear Jesus: Can I have this 45 seconds back?
YeAh BuT #HaRdNoSeDfOOtbaLL WiLL gEt SyRaCuSe bAcK tO a Ny6 bOwL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom