Congrats to P and D | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to P and D

CIL

All Conference
On their first loss. Their offense got the 100/100 we were so accustomed to seeing during the last years of their tenure.:)

In all fairness to some, it's not really a P and D thing. I hate all things UCONN and it just so happens they are coaching one of our biggest Rivals on and off the field. I want them to struggle mightily, especially since we compete for recruits with them, even more so now than under Edsall.

I almost cried I laughed so hard at the sequence where Storrs was in the red zone, had to take a time out because they could not get their substitutions on the field and then took a delay of game penalty after the time out. Vintage P and D.

The folks in Storrs have absolutely no idea how many What moments and games they are in for.

On their first loss. Their offense got the 100/100 we were so accustomed to seeing during the last years of their tenure.:)

In all fairness to some, it's not really a P and D thing. I hate all things UCONN and it just so happens they are coaching one of our biggest Rivals on and off the field. I want them to struggle mightily, especially since we compete for recruits with them, even more so now than under Edsall.
I have nothing against our ex-coaching staff, but I'm guessing the folks in Storrs are loving the "3-headed QB" about as much as we did.

and P&D were also able to keep their remarkable streak of not starting a season 2-0 in tact - congratulations to them and to all the UConn fans who were so elated about the hiring of P and his inevitable hiring of D

be careful what you wish for

I almost cried I laughed so hard at the sequence where Storrs was in the red zone, had to take a time out because they could not get their substitutions on the field and then took a delay of game penalty after the time out. Vintage P and D.

The folks in Storrs have absolutely no idea how many What moments and games they are in for.

Memories light the corners of my mind/ misty, water-colored memories/ of the way we were

Yeah, reading their board the complaints of the fans certainly sound familiar. Disorganization in the red zone...and the defense wasn't lined up before the snap of the ball a couple of times. I mean reading their board is like a time warp back to our board circa 2002. Kinda eerie.

I agree with you.

Taking an SEC team down to the wire on the road in the second game of the season is a probably not a disaster.

You have to recall what DeLeone has to work with this season: (1) not one QB who played last year; (2) the loss of three starting OL from last year; (3) the loss of Jordan Todman and his 1700 yards rushing last year and (4) inheriting an offense that despite having an experienced OL, QB and very good RB, was still pretty inept in 2010 - I'm pretty sure the offense didn't score a TD in the last few games last year.

Though the Orange clearly had QB problems at the end of the P era, the offense moved the ball with guys like Reyes and Rhodes. The problem in those years was primarily the defense, which you will recall couldn't stop Walter Washington of Temple or Calvin Johnson of Ga Tech in the final 2004 season.

I think Coach P and D are in a difficult situation. The expectations in Storrs are very high, and they became that way in a matter of 3 or 4 years. The UConn fans I see in NYC offend just about everyone, and now they are spoiled about their football program too.

Unfortunately for Coach P and D as I see it is UConn won A LOT of close games the past few years- a lot. That goes to the excellent job Coach Edsell did. UConn was very well coached, and they played very well late in many close games. That to me is a very difficult situation to inherit for any coach and especially for Coach P and D.

I agree with you.

Taking an SEC team down to the wire on the road in the second game of the season is a probably not a disaster.

You have to recall what DeLeone has to work with this season: (1) not one QB who played last year; (2) the loss of three starting OL from last year; (3) the loss of Jordan Todman and his 1700 yards rushing last year and (4) inheriting an offense that despite having an experienced OL, QB and very good RB, was still pretty inept in 2010 - I'm pretty sure the offense didn't score a TD in the last few games last year.

Though the Orange clearly had QB problems at the end of the P era, the offense moved the ball with guys like Reyes and Rhodes. The problem in those years was primarily the defense, which you will recall couldn't stop Walter Washington of Temple or Calvin Johnson of Ga Tech in the final 2004 season.

Well, at least we can count on you defending them, no matter what team they are coaching, even our opponents.

Thought it was weird when Frey, who turned out to be pretty damn good for them, took his degree and left. Kinda like, the party's over.

Don't think it was because of P - UConn has had a lot of guys drafted and I think Randy and maybe some on the team saw some meager years ahead.

Always tough to replace the best player in the history of your program. Just ask Florida or the R'girls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom