Congrats to the staff | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to the staff

Only 13 players exhaust their eligibility next year.

Would Marrone leave two or three scholarships open all this year so that they're available for the next class?
Or, if he couldn't find the right players for this year's recruiting class, would he just grant them to some senior walk-on's with only one year of eligibilty who have been working hard?

with only 13 or so spots next year they really need to try and focus on 3-5 guys who can be play makers early, especially on offense..

Only 13 players exhaust their eligibility next year.

Since you and X probably track all of this, who are the 13? Also, in the end, I bet we bring in about 20 next year.

Since you and X probably track all of this, who are the 13? Also, in the end, I bet we bring in about 20 next year.

I believe it's the following:

Boatman
Chibane
Cutler
Diabate
Goggins
Lemon
Lichtenstein
Nassib
Sales
Sharpe
Stevens
S. Thomas
Vaughn

What about Harris - does he keep his football scholarship if he is running track?

Boatman
Chibane
Cutler
Diabate
Goggins
Lemon
Lichtenstein
Nassib
Sales
Sharpe
Stevens
S. Thomas
Vaughn

What about Harris - does he keep his football scholarship if he is running track?

no he wouldn because he's medically unable to play football. probably got a track scholarhip.

Boatman
Chibane
Cutler
Diabate
Goggins
Lemon
Lichtenstein
Nassib
Sales
Sharpe
Stevens
S. Thomas
Vaughn

That's the list.

There are also 5 Juniors that could possibly earn their degrees after next season:

Anderson
Loeb
Alexander
Phillips
Pugh

Depending on what happens with Hunt and Broyld ... RGLCL might move on.

That's the list.

There are also 5 Juniors that could possibly earn their degrees after next season:

Anderson
Loeb
Alexander
Phillips
Pugh

Outside of Loeb, not anyone there I am thinking should move on. It's nice to be at that point.

Great finish. Another step in the right direction. Look for next years class to push forward even more.

That's the list.

Anderson
Loeb
Alexander
Phillips
Pugh

Finally, my numbers match. Only took a few years, and will only take a month or two for me to get it wrong again.

So are we official on Sales being back yet? I've only been on hit and run mode on the board lately due to work.

Nothing official on Sales. I suppose we'll know one way or another in March.

Nothing official on Sales. I suppose we'll know one way or another in March.

Sales will be back.

Sent from my DROIDX

I agree that the last minute effort probably explains why Doug seemed so wiped out during his presser.

It seems like he brought in a bunch of solid kids.

I was very pleased that he mentioned Norton yesterday - I think that having a guy who can truly KO, will make a big difference next year.

That improved level of talent alone with help.

Here's hoping that Garrick recovers quickly!

I can see a time when football can reach a level of quality where we are in position to play for a National Championship in football (now before many here go ballistic) let me share some thoughts on SU's unique advantages:
  • Newhouse; the #1 Communications school in the country. Both, with undergraduate majors and influential alums in the sports-broadcast industry.
  • Administration very supportive of football.
  • Fundraising, since the arrival of Dr. Gross; facilities upgrades have occurred and more on the horizon.
  • a number of SU's colleges are on the rise; Whitman, I-School, The Falk School (offers both Sport Management and other programs that will appeal to student-athletes.
  • A solid academic support program for student-athletes
  • ACC (Additional Cash for our Coffers); money infusion helps in the facility-wars era.
  • We have and are growing an alumni base in ACC territory (we've already seen how Georgia is becoming a very fertile recruiting ground for us; with Coach Atkins contacts in the state.)
  • Sugar Bowl vs. Auburn, 1988 (we've been there before and I am not forgetting 1959 but that era was so different from today's environment as to make it a mute point) .
  • Cuse Hoops and Lax keep us on the sports radar in huge ways; many great HS athletes play multiple sports. (We have a highly rated football player from Texas who is here for LAX) I like how our coaching staffs of differing sports help out (i.e. Mike Hopkins and WR from Buffalo, Mike Williams)
  • Our hoops fans travel well; if we can improve to the point where we are bowling every season, they will show up for football as well)
  • Syracuse athletics remains in the sports-consciousness; with all reporting on a multiple of it's sports in a successful light; field hockey, soft-ball, men's and women's lax, hoops, tennis, Cross-Country and on and on. (siblings, relatives, high schools who our presence in from other sport recruiting of top athletes increases our potential for penetration into recruiting markets we need to develop)
  • James Arthur Boeheim, a great spokesperson for Cuse football.
These are the types of fundamental's I see that will provide the potential for our return to national prominence in football; stay tuned to see where we go.

syracuse-otto1.jpg

Besides all that, we have a mascot that sends chills of terror into the hearts of all our opponents.
:rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom