Congrats | Syracusefan.com

Congrats

zls44

Scout Team
First half was the best I've seen a visiting team play at Gampel since Villanova with Kerry Kittles in January of '95. Second half UConn threw the G-d damn kitchen sink at Syracuse, but they showed a lot of toughness and experience when it mattered most.

First half was the best I've seen a visiting team play at Gampel since Villanova with Kerry Kittles in January of '95. Second half UConn threw the G-d damn kitchen sink at Syracuse, but they showed a lot of toughness and experience when it mattered most.

Props to your guys for almost taking it away from us with your use of the kitchen sink. I won't lie--it was great to take both games this season, and to break the prior 0-4 record at Gampel. Was surprised not to see the ball in Lamb's hands more during the crucial stretch, and was very happy that the Huskies didn't continue the three-point barrage seen in the first half. I won't sully the dialogue with a comment about pluck, grit, and gruck--you guys brought serious heat and demonstrated real mettle. Glad we won, but man, UConn showed some real stuff in the second half.

GO ORANGE

WAR DAMN OTTO

All kidding aside, UConn made a great comeback. Really a strange team to watch...at times they look capable of greatness, but also of some of the worst play imaginable. They must be frustrating as hell to watch as a fan.

We have talked about this at some length on the SU board. You would think that with the achievements these 2 programs have had (and the coaches), this would be THE rivalry in conference and one that would be at or near the level of Duke-UNC. It never has risen to that level...seems whenever one team is really good the other is not. That has changed over the last say 5 years, when there have been a ton of great games that were also very meaningful and memorable.

It is a shame for both programs and fanbases the rivalry will end just as it was nearing greatness. It is a major loss for Eastern basketball and college basketball in general.

Not if Uconn eventually
All kidding aside, UConn made a great comeback. Really a strange team to watch...at times they look capable of greatness, but also of some of the worst play imaginable. They must be frustrating as hell to watch as a fan.

We have talked about this at some length on the SU board. You would think that with the achievements these 2 programs have had (and the coaches), this would be THE rivalry in conference and one that would be at or near the level of Duke-UNC. It never has risen to that level...seems whenever one team is really good the other is not. That has changed over the last say 5 years, when there have been a ton of great games that were also very meaningful and memorable.

It is a shame for both programs and fanbases the rivalry will end just as it was nearing greatness. It is a major loss for Eastern basketball and college basketball in general.

Not if Uconn gets an invite to the ACC.

It's great to hate UConn ... just as, I am sure, it is great for the UConn fans to hate SU. The rivalry will be missed!! I know SU fans shudder before every UConn game knowing that UConn will always play SU tough. Your team is an absolute mystery this year. So much talent. UConn will be in the NCAA's ... just gotta get by PU (er... PC) and Pitt (another mystery this year) ... and, really, I hope we don't have to play you again this year!! ... well, maybe in the BET.

Not if Uconn eventually

Naaa. The ACC would put UConn in the same division as Duke and UNC. They'd fine some excuse like wanting teams with multiple NC palying each other. Or they would "partner" them up with NCSt or Wake to have them play twice a year. No way would they want a rivalry as big as Duke-UNC in the conference.

zls, you are one of the classiest opponent posters on this site. Thanks for your props and all your other posts.

Eventually the ACC has to wake up to the fact that its miami and florida st who need to get back to being miami and florida st in football which will bring everyone else up. Just as miami did in the big east 1991-2003 then they have to realize that SU needs a partner in basketball just as Duke and North Carolina have each other.

zls, you are one of the classiest opponent posters on this site. Thanks for your props and all your other posts.

More like zls has humor and understands the big picture. Some of our schools' fanboys take this stuff as a life and death decision.

You know the idea that a team can't just turn it on/turn it off like a light switch?

This UConn team can and does. Frequently.

Not if Uconn eventually

Maybe some day that will happen. All this talk about a final four for football that only includes the champions of BCS conferences could end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back for ND. Or maybe the ACC decides to re-open its TV contract for renegotiation in a few years by adding 2 more schools not named ND.

Heck, the schools might continue to play out of conference.

But barring a miracle, the series is ending. I hope someday it does return.

I am happy to say I know ZLS. He is as much fun in person as he is good as a poster. He first started coming to the Dome several years ago when he was the basketball broadcaster on the UConn student radio station, so he really knows his stuff.

As a younger Cuse fan, to me Syracuse's biggest rivalry is with UConn. I'm saddened that the rivalry will not continue. I understand and appreciate the history with Georgetown, but I hate UConn and Nova' much more. Sad to see those ending, but excited for the ACC nonetheless.

I root vehemently against UConn in almost any game they play (except Georgetown and last year, Kentucky), but I really really want you guys in the ACC. The rivalry is too much fun. Gampel was pretty wild on Saturday night.

You know the idea that a team can't just turn it on/turn it off like a light switch?

This UConn team can and does. Frequently.

Really don't want to see you guys in NYC again. We couldn't stay in front of Boatwright in the 2H and Drummond was beating Fab down the floor. Seemed like Lamb was put on Joseph's side of the zone of the 2H which was a disaster for us. Boatwright and Siva have to be the fastest guards in the country. What's the word on Drummond for next season? Boy, if he develops a consistent motor and/or nasty streak he would be unstoppable.

I am happy to say I know ZLS. He is as much fun in person as he is good as a poster. He first started coming to the Dome several years ago when he was the basketball broadcaster on the UConn student radio station, so he really knows his stuff.
That's the most praise I've ever heard heaped on zls! All kidding aside though, he's a good fan who does know his stuff, and I dont hold it too against him for rooting for uconn.