Congratulations to Trevor Cooney | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations to Trevor Cooney

Welcome back, #10.

Five more.

Amazing the difference when you actually get open looks.

He does have to work on making people pay when teams overplay him the way they do.

Forza Azzurri said:
Amazing the difference when you actually get open looks.

He does have to work on making people pay when teams overplay him the way they do.

He has had plenty of open looks...the problem was his shot...in previous games he was falling back, in this game jumping into the shot...he needs to stop rushing/pressing and jump into his shot...

Welcome back, #10.

Five more.
He stuffed some horrible tasting bird down my throat- I mean, this thing still had feathers- and it tasted GOOOD!!!

It is nice to have all of the Cooney bashes/haters on mute for a bit. And yes, call it what you want. There are a lot on this board.

It's not hard to figure why there would be Cooney haters out there, dude went missing for 3/4 of the conference season. My problem with #10 is his lack of variety. He used to drive the lane etc. Since his shot has not been failing, he feels he needs to shoot his way out of his "slump," so he refuses to shoot anything but 3 pointers. He consistently comes around screens with a lane to the rim, but chooses to pull up at the three line. It just isn't good B'ball. I'm glad that his shot fell yesterday as our tourney hopes are pinned to him hitting some to loosen the paint, but he really needs to round out his game and realize he would far more effective to pump every now and then, take a step or two in and hit the open mid range jumper.

Nostradamus Barrell, he actually called it. Lets hope he's wrong going forward
though...:confused::cool:

It's not hard to figure why there would be Cooney haters out there, dude went missing for 3/4 of the conference season. My problem with #10 is his lack of variety. He used to drive the lane etc. Since his shot has not been failing, he feels he needs to shoot his way out of his "slump," so he refuses to shoot anything but 3 pointers. He consistently comes around screens with a lane to the rim, but chooses to pull up at the three line. It just isn't good B'ball. I'm glad that his shot fell yesterday as our tourney hopes are pinned to him hitting some to loosen the paint, but he really needs to round out his game and realize he would far more effective to pump every now and then, take a step or two in and hit the open mid range jumper.

Realize he is a sophomore, who is in his first year of getting big minutes. Players are going to slump. To "hate" on a kid who is working his ass off out there is, in my opinion, silly. I understand he is a scholarship player... If he can't take the heat...blah blah blah... But if anybody doesn't think he is out there slacking, they are out of their mind.

Who is the solution, if we don't have Trevor? I think down the road, Trevor will make many of you and your negative comments, look foolish. He will be one of the better shooters in Cuse history. Fortunately, we should have a few more years with him.

Go Cuse!

I was assuming "haters" was used metaphorically as a term describing those who notice and focus on his flaws. I certainly don't "hate" the kid personally. I'm glad he works hard, I simply notice the flaws in his game and I wish we had a more consistent 2 guard. IMO, Cooney should not be a full time starter. He would be better served coming off the bench. Unfortunately, that is not possible this year. I'm rooting for him as hard as I possibly can. He is the variable. this team needs him to contribute. I think he could contribute much more if he didn't limit his game with three point blinders like a horse. Step in, drop the deuce.

For some reason JB would disagree with almost 1/2 the posts here and has even said so both publicly and privately.

Five more, and he would be #15. ;)
Waa, waaaa, waaaaaaa.....

Now OEx is losing his mind??.

Just What is going on, on here????

Damnit, tighten your Fn game up fellas!!!

I expect it from the romperroomers, not from everyone!!

Love how the flood gates can open when talking about Cooney but nobody can say anything negative about BMK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom