Connor Fields ... torn ACL | Syracusefan.com

Connor Fields ... torn ACL

First this makes total sense, his lack of mobility made the sprain diagnosis seem like bull S. Second give the kid credit for somehow being able to play with what I assume was a partial acl tear because I find it hard to believe he played with a full blown tear thats improbable. Lastly Marr has to take some blame for this whole thing. He played him less then a week later after he was clearly hobbling versus sitting him for weeks or a month. I think he also got hurt im a blowout game where he shouldnt have been in.

Wonder how they could determine that unless he had an MRI before his junior season that was misread and discovered looking back at prior MRI’s.

Wonder how they could determine that unless he had an MRI before his junior season that was misread and discovered looking back at prior MRI’s.
You can tell on an MRI if a tear is acute or chronic by a number of different characteristics that show up (i.e. bleeding in the joint, fraying of the ligament, and such), but you would not necessarily be able to date it to his junior year absent a prior exam - which it doesn't sound like ever took place. Could have been something he did in high school that just got worse over time. I agree with Jeremy - it is probably a partial ACL tear and those tend to deteriorate over time. Unlike a broken bone, ligament tears won't naturally repair themselves over time.

Or Marr is a piece of sheet and making that up to cover for playing an injured kid. It is the type of thing I would expect from Scott.

You can tell on an MRI if a tear is acute or chronic by a number of different characteristics that show up (i.e. bleeding in the joint, fraying of the ligament, and such), but you would not necessarily be able to date it to his junior year absent a prior exam - which it doesn't sound like ever took place. Could have been something he did in high school that just got worse over time. I agree with Jeremy - it is probably a partial ACL tear and those tend to deteriorate over time. Unlike a broken bone, ligament tears won't naturally repair themselves over time.

Agreed, he likely had some partial tearing or maybe even a small tear that was mis-diagnosed years ago that go re-aggravated or torn more from his injury this year. Still Albany did not handle the situation well once the first incident occurred, no way should he have played so soon after.

I'm sure like every other coach Marr relies on his trainers.

I'll also mention that while it's not the kids decision, good luck keeping a senior off the field who is this close to winning it all and one of THE best players in the game. Imagine Desko trying to shut down someone like Mike Powell in his senior year if he'd never attained a National Championship? Please.

The kid's red eyes after the game on Saturday told me all I needed to know. He's a warrior who wanted it more than anyone else in the building.

The cheap shot on the knee by the Yale defender that the official watched happened 2 feet in front of him and didn't throw a flag on was appalling. Kid could barely walk after that check so then to watch Fields say FU and take it to the cage for a score was BEAST MODE.

Last edited:
If Fields is actively playing in the MLL then he did not tear his ACL either fully or partially.

At some point it’s on Fields and his family. Don’t blame it on the orthopods, i know a bunch and i am sure to a person they would have told him to get surgery a long time ago. I get trying to tough out your senior season, but what the hell are you doing playing for peanuts in MLL on a torn acl. Probably did significantly more damage to the knee (meniscus and/or cartilage damage to condial) by playing this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom