Class of 2014 - Conrad Chambers? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Conrad Chambers?

sususpicious

Walk On
Don't think this has been posted? Saw on the Rivals website that possible Syracuse recruit Chris McCullough said he is planning to go to college with his AAU teammate Conrad Chambers, a 2014 point guard at Friends Central (PA) ... McCullough said the schools the two normally talk about are Villanova, Syracuse and Rutgers. Is there any possibility that SU might go the two-for-the-price-of-one route as they did with Scoop and Rick Jackson? Has anybody heard the Chambers kid's name being mentioned at all in SU circles?

Don't think this has been posted? Saw on the Rivals website that possible Syracuse recruit Chris McCullough said he is planning to go to college with his AAU teammate Conrad Chambers, a 2014 point guard at Friends Central (PA) ... McCullough said the schools the two normally talk about are Villanova, Syracuse and Rutgers. Is there any possibility that SU might go the two-for-the-price-of-one route as they did with Scoop and Rick Jackson? Has anybody heard the Chambers kid's name being mentioned at all in SU circles?
Haven't heard Chambers name but I know the staff has shown interest in another PG and Team Scan teammate of McCullough name Shavar Newkirk. He's also in the 2014 class.

Haven't heard Chambers name but I know the staff has shown interest in another PG and Team Scan teammate of McCullough name Shavar Newkirk. He's also in the 2014 class.
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate the work you do in here. It's nice to have someone recognizing that recruiting and recruiting well is the lifeblood of the SU program. Keep up the good work, Francis.

Have seen Shavar play a number of times for Cardinal Hayes High School. The thing that sticks out most about him is his quickness. Always one of the fastest guys on the court. Some games he'll look very good: get to the hoop, finish inside... others his handle will be a little suspect and have trouble finishing. A very good and quick defender. By far, his weak point is his shooting. A very funky delivery that doesn't fall at this point in his career. Bottom line is, he is only going to be a junior. Interested to watch his development.

Have seen Shavar play a number of times for Cardinal Hayes High School. The thing that sticks out most about him is his quickness. Always one of the fastest guys on the court. Some games he'll look very good: get to the hoop, finish inside... others his handle will be a little suspect and have trouble finishing. A very good and quick defender. By far, his weak point is his shooting. A very funky delivery that doesn't fall at this point in his career. Bottom line is, he is only going to be a junior. Interested to watch his development.
Thanks for the insight on Newkirk. I know his aau coach was very high on his upside in an article that I read last month.

Thanks for the insight on Newkirk. I know his aau coach was very high on his upside in an article that I read last month.
He (Newkirk) is playing tonight on SNY, started at 6 pm along with Kentan Facey shot blocker that's going to next fall.