Considering the seriousness of the charges... | Syracusefan.com

Considering the seriousness of the charges...

Shenexon

All American
Shouldn't a hearing be requested to suggest Sandusky be held without bail? There are already sufficient charges for him to be jailed for life and there may well be a host of additional charges as the investigation widens. He has more business being among the "general population" than with the general public. It seems he should be held or have some kind of home detention. I'm sure he's being watched but he has no business being free at this point.

State College is showing America how much a joke they are

there will not be any serious investigations because that ship has sailed already (as far back as 1994)

The primary purpose of bail is to insure that the defendant appears for court. Samdisky did that on his own. The likelihood he would have the ability to be alone with young boys now is about nil I would think.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The primary purpose of bail is to insure that the defendant appears for court. Samdisky did that on his own. The likelihood he would have the ability to be alone with young boys now is about nil I would think.

The gravity of the offenses has to play in the equation to some extent. He's certainly shown he can be a substantial risk to the community. There are few more heinous crimes than what he's charged with and the number of his alleged crimes may grow exponentially. He should be isolated at the least for his protection as well as for that of the community. I just don't think he should be at the local Food Lion, at the movies, out to dinner in a public place, etc. So far it seems he's still in circulation.

I'm less concerned about Sandusky resuming his perverse bahavior at this stage than I am about him fleeing. I know that the PA judge released him for a ridiculously low bail because he did not believe Sandusky was much of a flight risk. I disagree strongly with this. I think Sandusky is very likely to flee to the Great Void. To put it more simply -- suicide. I also think there is a very good liklihood that there are a number of parties who would be more than happy to "assist him" in his effort to "flee." It's not completely out of the range of possibilities that some of these people might be connected to the PA criminal justice system. That's why I hope the FBI moves quickly to bring Federal charges against him. Transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of engaging in sexual relations is still a Federal crime isn't it? I would rest more easily if this guy was put in a secure Federal lockup, preferably somewhere outside the borders of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Maybe that way he'll still be alive and hopefully talking by the time he is brought to trial.

Years ago in Oswego County NY two brothers were indicted for murder. Bail was set. One was able to post it the other wasn't. About a year later one was found not guilty, the other guilty. You can bet the innocent guy is glad he didn't spend that year in jail.

What I havent heard is whether his home and offices were searched and computers seized... I bet he has child Pron and even may have made his own ...