Conspiracy Theory Sunday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Conspiracy Theory Sunday...

I think this was implied.
This thread has some real potential. Though, the Bernie Fine smear campaign timing coincided with Sandusky revelations at Penn St, so I would imagine their operatives were behind that.

I'll do it for you.

tinfoil-hat-and-tinfoil-cat.jpg
I thought he meant this one:
aliens.jpg

As the consummate American huckster PT Barnum once said: "Nobody ever went broke overestimating the intelligence of the American public."

I thought it was "underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

I LOVE it! Ha ha ha ha! We have not had a good season since we joined the ACC (even 25-0 fell apart). It’s got to be someone’s fault!
I don’t know how anyone can say that a season where a team starts 25-0 is not a good season, even if we ended on a down note. It’s ludicrous. First of all, the reason we lost several of those games late in the season is because Jerami Grant got injured and we didn’t have the depth to weather that storm. There’s no way we lose to Georgia Tech in the Dome if Grant was able to play. Even that Round of 32 Dayton game should have been a win. We couldn’t shoot straight that game! We weren’t a great shooting team, but that game was next-level bad.

I don’t know how anyone can say that a season where a team starts 25-0 is not a good season, even if we ended on a down note. It’s ludicrous. First of all, the reason we lost several of those games late in the season is because Jerami Grant got injured and we didn’t have the depth to weather that storm. There’s no way we lose to Georgia Tech in the Dome if Grant was able to play. Even that Round of 32 Dayton game should have been a win. We couldn’t shoot straight that game! We weren’t a great shooting team, but that game was next-level bad.

There is some truth to this but there were some red flags if I remember correctly. Some narrow escapes against bad teams at home scoring in the 50s with all of our personnel healthy. Then those games you mentioned happened right after. Enough red flags that made me pick Dayton in my bracket.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

1) The Carolina Triangle purposely works behind the scenes with the NCAA/FBI to undermine certain ACC member institutions they consider threats.

Reasoning (this is a conspiracy theory remember, and I in no way actually believe this. Maybe.): The first go around of ACC expansion included Syracuse for the longest time, until it was decided VPI, BC, and Miami would go. This worked well for the ACC powers that be. It somewhat bolstered the football side, and further diluted basketball so they could run roughshod over the competition.

Syracuse
Finally, when Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville came on board, the triangle leapt into action. Determining that Syracuse was the most obvious choice for the next expansion, they paid off certain people to come forward against Bernie Fine. Those people later said that he had not abused them. All but one, who had an axe to grind. The triangle knew this was an easy way to get the NCAA snooping around the program. They continued to put pressure on the NCAA specifically after the team started 25-0 against the ACC, and beat Duke at the Dome.

Syracuse is hit with a probation well beyond the scope of their infractions, thanks to those funding the Carolina Triangle.

Louisville
Louisville was too much of a threat, so the Carolina Triangle paid people to gather information on the school. First the prosititution scandal came out. When that wasn't enough to fully cripple the program, they worked with the FBI to get moronic Louisville coaches to talk about something that frankly almost every university in the country does. This did the trick, and vampire Pitino was sent packing.

Pitt
Paid Jamie Dixon to leave. Then paid the search firm to recommend Kevin Stallings. Then paid Kevin Stallings to take the job. Simple fix there.

The Carolina mafia is behind all of it, and if they ever catch wind of who put this altogether, you'll kn

Pass the dutchie...

With everything coming to light nowadays, I don't know why people would think this is beyond the realm of reality. We're talking 8 to 9 figure businesses here.

Right now in politics there are two schools. One that believes the Russians conspired to rig the US election, and the other believes the Democrats, DOJ, and FBI conspired to rig the election.

So tell me why this theory (that matches up on the surface) is ridicule worthy? Didn't they just find a loophole to let UNC off the hook for faking classes for years, while nailing us for peanuts? Please tell me again why I should be posting tin foil hat memes.

With everything coming to light nowadays, I don't know why people would think this is beyond the realm of reality. We're talking 8 to 9 figure businesses here.

Right now in politics there are two schools. One that believes the Russians conspired to rig the US election, and the other believes the Democrats, DOJ, and FBI conspired to rig the election.

So tell me why this theory (that matches up on the surface) is ridicule worthy? Didn't they just find a loophole to let UNC off the hook for faking classes for years, while nailing us for peanuts? Please tell me again why I should be posting tin foil hat memes.
They can't handle the truth.

A more simple explanation is that Mark Emmert dressed up as Bernie Fine and had relationships with men in the Syracuse area, then dressed up as a woman and seduced Rick Pitino in an Italian restaurant, then dressed up as Jamie Dixon’s college lover and convinced him to return to TCU to re-kindle the flame. He’s a very talented man.
OH . I hadn't even thought about that scenario. It's so OBVIOUS now.

I gotta tell you, that season became a huge letdown for me, and seemed to indicate the beginning of the rest of the trouble. I’m not saying I’m right; it’s the way I felt/feel.

On the other hand, that was the season where Duke first came to the Dome and we beat them in one of the best games I have ever seen in person. I loved that team, and it was a bitter pill for me when they basically fell apart. For whatever reason;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom