Contender or pretender: Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Contender or pretender: Syracuse

Tough to really argue with that. Although our DLine should be pretty good despite losing three starters.

Tough to really argue with that. Although our DLine should be pretty good despite losing three starters.
Areed. Even with the loss of 3 starters, I still think the DL is the strongest and deepest unit on the team.

Fair enough review. More talent at WR than people think. D should be sound.

"...headed into Year 1 in a more difficult conference, with Florida State and Clemson on the schedule. Not exactly UConn and Rutgers those two."

:rolling:

how in the hell did we end up with her covering the ACC. She was a rutgirls homer in the big east blog

how in the hell did we end up with her covering the ACC. She was a rutgirls homer in the big east blog
She's following us...similar to the way the Girl's staff follow our coaches around and offer players shortly after we do.

I actually think Rutgers was not far off from Clemson last year. And really what has Florida state won since 2000? The answer is easy. Same as Clemson. Nothing Andrea lest we forget those big peach bowl appearances.

I think we are more of a contender then pretender. Also, her knowledge of Syracuse football leaves a lot to be desired. I don't mind being the under dog though.

Just look at her track record. She said we'd finish 2nd to last in the BE last year... "Too many question marks" then too. She picked 'Ville last year and was shocked when we played well...

If anyone on this board wrote a column about whether this team was a pretender or contender before spring ball, they would be called stupid and not enough information to go on.

ESPN calls it a Monday.

I think it's a solid critique given what she should be expected to know about the team. She'a basing most of her assessment on returning starters or large contributors. We haven't had any big name recruits that anyone in the mainstream media will think will have an impact so why wouldn't we take a step back in their eyes. Honestly if I were asked the question I'd give it a big :noidea:. I think our D has a chance to be solid, but if we don't develop a better pass rush we'll have trouble getting off of the field just like last year. We have very little idea how good our offense will be because it sucked prior to Pugh coming back, and we have to replace our best reciever and starting quarterback. We think we've guys waiting in the wings (guys that may be even more talented), but until they get on the field, we really have no clue how good they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom