Context for this season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Context for this season

Because once Shrader leaves we have ZERO proof we won't bottom out again. Most peer programs seems to have a QB who can somewhat keep things moving forward. So if we are a solid program we need to have a next man up who is at least d1 material.
Not sure that is the case anymore with the transfer portal.

So if Devito and Lutz were starting and we had 1 to 2 wins right now we would still be on the verge of becoming a solid solid program?
They’re not.

I dont know what is going to be fixed or not. I'm just saying special teams hasnt been as good and its a factor in why we are 4-4 instead of 6-2.
No doubt.

Punting has been a big disappointment.

No doubt.

Punter U, to dead last, 130th.

It’s bad, but it’s one aspect. Coverage teams have been good, returns have been solid. It’s not the end of the world, and it’s correctable. It’s not limited range, it’s consistency and the occasional shank.

Same with Andre, he is capable, he’s got to get his mind right. The game winner against Liberty wasn’t a chip shot, he needs more of that.

No doubt.

Yes it has. Last season we were 14th overall in Specs. We are currently 55th. Thats a significant difference. If we had last years unit we would be at least 6-2.

Because once Shrader leaves we have ZERO proof we won't bottom out again. Most peer programs seems to have a QB who can somewhat keep things moving forward. So if we are a solid program we need to have a next man up who is at least d1 material.

We have Lamson who may be the replacement. I'm sure we're actively recruiting other QB's. And we also have Morgan, who I think can be very solid. My concern for next season is the Dline and adding quality depth in the secondary. But for now, let's enjoy what we have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom