context (or perhaps rationalization) | Syracusefan.com

context (or perhaps rationalization)

Timonen

All Conference
I'm not for moral victories and I was throwing things at the 3rd and 2 throw/4th and two punt, BUT...

as I look at it, I think of the past few Big East BCS matchups. That's essentially what this game is. Us against a conference champ that we shouldn't be able to hang with. We should lose by 30. We did ourselves proud. The 4th down stand. The big hits. The moving the ball. Marrone's system is working. If this keeps up, we should be able to roll a number of conference games and the majority of our non-conference. After this, Big East opponents should feel like they're playing half-speed.

We'll see how it plays out, but I'm impressed with how we've played so far and can't wait to see what's next.

I'm not for moral victories and I was throwing things at the 3rd and 2 throw/4th and two punt, BUT...

as I look at it, I think of the past few Big East BCS matchups. That's essentially what this game is. Us against a conference champ that we shouldn't be able to hang with. We should lose by 30. We did ourselves proud. The 4th down stand. The big hits. The moving the ball. Marrone's system is working. If this keeps up, we should be able to roll a number of conference games and the majority of our non-conference. After this, Big East opponents should feel like they're playing half-speed.

We'll see how it plays out, but I'm impressed with how we've played so far and can't wait to see what's next.

Agreed with all these points. Marrone should get tons of credit for what he's done with this offense.