Cool find: Old games discovered - Help needed | Syracusefan.com

Cool find: Old games discovered - Help needed

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
I'm currently in the process of moving and have uncovered a grouping of basketball and football games on VHS tape stashed away in a closet that I forgot I had.

Although I'm technically "savvy" enough to dump these to digital, I do not have time to mess with it (young children + building new home + packing old house = shoot me).

I'm offering them up to send them to a trusted poster free of charge provided you're willing to dump these to youtube or DVD for other posters to enjoy. Let me know if you're interested in helping out and I can send them to you.

Here's what I found...

Basketball:
2003 SU at Michigan State
2003 SU vs kansas (might include some local pre and postgame shows)
2003 Post-game local coverage of Marshall St after SU vs Kansas
2003 SU vs Texas in the FF
2003 SU vs Oklahoma (hollis price look started here)
2003 SU vs Notre Dame in the Dome
1996 SU vs Kansas
1998 SU vs st Johns in the BET (Blackwell jumper game) - from espn classic
1996 SU vs Kansas regional final

Football:
1988 Sugar bowl SU vs auburn (from espn classic)
ESPN Ernie Davis Sportscentury

Off topic, I also have a smattering of key Cal Ripken games if anyone is interested (his last All-Star game in 2001 when he was MVP), streak stopping at 2632 and post-game presser, and a few others of interest. Same thing applies...I'll ship it to you free if you're willing to dump it for everyone.

Thanks,
Ragman2000

I wish more people posted their holdings. The only way to get a complete collection of SU games is to have a communal effort. I have about 80% of the game since 2004-05, and about 400 games in total.

Is the MSU game from CBS or BTN? And ND game from ESPN or ESPN Classic?

I'm also in the moving process, but may be able to help you out in a month or so.

All are original broadcast unless otherwise noted (i.e. both those you reference are the original broadcast).

Bump if anyone is interested. Hate to send these to the trashheap, but have to pare down my "stuff."

Bump if anyone is interested. Hate to send these to the trashheap, but have to pare down my "stuff."

SAVE SU HISTORY FROM THE TRASH HEAP!!!

C'Mon, people! We know some of you are living in your parent's basement with nothing to do. ;) This would be a great project. You could hold your head high knowing that you did your fellow man a great service. Think of your place in SU tailgate lore should you decide to take on this challenge and conquer it. Step up now and show Otto (and Rags) that you truly care about preserving history for the next generation!

I would take the games, but I know they would just end up sitting with the ones I have and not getting transferred to digital anytime soon. My library goes back to 1986. I even have the dreaded 1995 SU v Arkansas game. I used to have the SU v Duke game from the BE-ACC challenge, but dumbass me taped over it by accident in college. I flogged myself many a day for that sacrilege.

Anyway, STEP UP FOR SU HISTORY!!!!

I'm currently in the process of moving and have uncovered a grouping of basketball and football games on VHS tape stashed away in a closet that I forgot I had.

Although I'm technically "savvy" enough to dump these to digital, I do not have time to mess with it (young children + building new home + packing old house = shoot me).

I'm offering them up to send them to a trusted poster free of charge provided you're willing to dump these to youtube or DVD for other posters to enjoy. Let me know if you're interested in helping out and I can send them to you.

Here's what I found...

Basketball:
2003 SU at Michigan State
2003 SU vs kansas (might include some local pre and postgame shows)
2003 Post-game local coverage of Marshall St after SU vs Kansas
2003 SU vs Texas in the FF
2003 SU vs Oklahoma (hollis price look started here)
1996 SU vs Kansas
1998 SU vs st Johns in the BET (Blackwell jumper game) - from espn classic
1996 SU vs Kansas regional final

Football:
1988 Sugar bowl SU vs auburn (from espn classic)
ESPN Ernie Davis Sportscentury

Off topic, I also have a smattering of key Cal Ripken games if anyone is interested (his last All-Star game in 2001 when he was MVP), streak stopping at 2632 and post-game presser, and a few others of interest. Same thing applies...I'll ship it to you free if you're willing to dump it for everyone.

Thanks,
Ragman2000
Alright, alright, I am willing to "Step Up For SU History". Ragman, I'll message you my address. Thanks for doing this!

Just so that you know where I am coming from, at the bottom of this post is what I already have on the 2002-03 season. These games were all originally recorded on VHS tape & I transferred them to single layer DVDs before the tapes started rotting away. So... I guess non-duplicates would be the 2003 @ Mich State game and the stuff from the 90s. I can transfer these to DVD & send copies to anyone who wants 'em. I can do the same with the '03 football game vs ND and the Ernie Davis Sportscentury (I already have the Sugar Bowl vs Auburn; I think it's the full length game from the WIXT broadcast).

I'll bet that sometime in the near future various posters will publicize their game libraries & make them available for duplicating. I'm willing to be a part of that - I have about 200 SU basketball games on DVD dating back to the 2000-01 season, the 3 SU-Auburn football games & about a dozen SU lax games fro the NCAA tournament.

FORMAT, DATE, AWAY TEAM, HOME TEAM, Site (if not home team), Comments
DVD-R, 1/13/03, Missouri, Syracuse,, in 1 part, ESPN
DVD-R, 1/26/03, Syracuse, Miami,, in 1 part, CBS
DVD-R, 2/3/03, Georgetown, Syracuse,, in 1 part, ESPN
DVD-R, 2/8/03, Syracuse, West Virginia,, in 1 part, ESPN+, missing 1st 12 minutes
DVD-R, 2/10/03, Syracuse, UConn,, in 1 part
DVD-R, 2/15/03, Notre Dame, Syracuse,, in 1 part
DVD-R, 2/18/03, St John's, Syracuse,, in 1 part, ESPN2
DVD-R, 2/26/03, West Virginia, Syracuse,, in 1 part, ESPN+
DVD-R, 3/4/03, Syracuse, Notre Dame,, in 1 part, ESPN2
DVD-R, 3/9/03, Rutgers, Syracuse,, in 1 part, ESPN+
DVD-R, 3/13/03, Georgetown, Syracuse, BET Quarter-Final, MSG, in 1 part, ESPN
DVD-R, 3/14/03, UConn, Syracuse, BET Semi-Final, MSG, in 1 part, ESPN
DVD-R, 3/28/03, Auburn, Syracuse, NCAA Sweet 16, Albany, in 1 part, CBS (missing 1st 5 minutes, missing 2 short segments in 2nd half due to lottery))
DVD-R, 3/30/03, Syracuse, Oklahoma, NCAA Elite 8, Albany, in 1 part, CBS
DVD-R, 4/5/03, Syracuse, Texas, NCAA Final Four, New Orleans, in 1 part, CBS
DVD-R, 4/7/03, Syracuse, Kansas, NCAA Final, New Orleans, in 1 part
DVD-R, 4/7/03, Syracuse, Kansas, NCAA Final Post-Game in 1 part, CBS, ESPN, next day's PTI

I'd love to be able to see the Marshall Street footage. There is a clip on Youtube already, but I'd love to see more. It'd be better in person too!

Alright, alright, I am willing to "Step Up For SU History". Ragman, I'll message you my address. Thanks for doing this!

Just so that you know where I am coming from, at the bottom of this post is what I already have on the 2002-03 season. These games were all originally recorded on VHS tape & I transferred them to single layer DVDs before the tapes started rotting away. So... I guess non-duplicates would be the 2003 @ Mich State game and the stuff from the 90s. I can transfer these to DVD & send copies to anyone who wants 'em. I can do the same with the '03 football game vs ND and the Ernie Davis Sportscentury (I already have the Sugar Bowl vs Auburn; I think it's the full length game from the WIXT broadcast).

I'll bet that sometime in the near future various posters will publicize their game libraries & make them available for duplicating. I'm willing to be a part of that - I have about 200 SU basketball games on DVD dating back to the 2000-01 season, the 3 SU-Auburn football games & about a dozen SU lax games fro the NCAA tournament.

DVD-R, 2/8/03, Syracuse, West Virginia,, in 1 part, ESPN+, missing 1st 12 minutes
DVD-R, 3/28/03, Auburn, Syracuse, NCAA Sweet 16, Albany, in 1 part, CBS (missing 1st 5 minutes, missing 2 short segments in 2nd half due to lottery))
DVD-R, 4/7/03, Syracuse, Kansas, NCAA Final Post-Game in 1 part, CBS, ESPN, next day's PTI

I would love to have a copy of your late season 2003 games and probably have a good size collection of basketball games on vhs dating back to 2000 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom