Cooney has to step up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney has to step up

Triche is 33-114 or 28.9%
Lottery Pick is 26-90 or 28.9%
Cooney is 23-81 or 28.4%

Triche and Lottery Pick must just miss better.

I'd take Cooney's hustle and defensive intensity every day of the week over MCW throwing his hands up in disgust because he threw a craptacular a pass on a 4 on 2 break and then doesn't bother to even turn around and run back on D.

I didn't check the board until this morning, so perhaps posts about this slipped by. But that was absurd. Looks more ridiculous with each replay. He just threw up his arms and stomped his foot like a little baby. He didn't even look to follow the play; acted like it was a dead ball.

I've honestly never seen a Syracuse player conduct himself that way.

Hope he doesn't get drafted by a team with a Kevin Garnett -type player, or he's going to have a rough time.

Maybe MCW saw what happened to his buddy Noel the night before and decided no good can come of hustling back on D

Maybe MCW saw what happened to his buddy Noel the night before and decided no good can come of hustling back on D

Were I he, I'd take more care with the violent leg-stomping.

Made a nice fake and baseline jumper in first few minutes. Then very disappointing, he missed 3 wide open looks from 3. If he makes one of those, differnt game, makes two we have better than 50/50 of winning and it really changes momentum. I understand he is only in his second year and first year of actual game experience. However, benchmarking him against other Freshman around the country or even in prior years he is just not performing.
Just like golf you have guys who are good on the range.

I still think as of right now Cooney is a bust. He looks lost out there. He can't create his own shot. He can't shoot either. Of course, he can turn into a star next season. But right now, not so much.

I do blame JB for this one! There is no excuse for having only 3 guards on scholarship! The holes that we see in his game had to be clearly visible in practice last year. JB knew Dion was going pro, there is zero excuse for not having a 4 guards on this team!

The problem is the 2 starting guards Triche and MCW. Triche has started 131 games in a row, there is no excuse for going 3-15 for the game, 0-7 on 3 point shots and 3-6 from the free throw line. Triche is still playing like an inexperienced freshmen, then a 4 year starting senior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom