Cooney is Mookie | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney is Mookie

Are you bt's dad? Never seen anyone defend him so much when most people are just critiqueing his game. Long live the br801 bt fan club. You are at my level with dion.
You're nuts. I took issue with some of your crazy posts about Triche in the past, but I'm not an apologist for him or any other SU player - I'm just a fan and supporter of the team. See if you can find another knowledgable poster here who thinks I'm a Triche fanboy.

You're nuts. I took issue with some of your crazy posts about Triche in the past, but I'm not an apologist for him or any other SU player - I'm just a fan and supporter of the team. See if you can find another knowledgable poster here who thinks I'm a Triche fanboy.
What was crazy? That he plays better off the ball, isnt a leader type and all his problems are in his head. His biggest critic is himself. Seems about right to me.

Before I get jumped on, I am only saying this from the perspective of fan reaction when he touches the ball, and especially when he shoots. The comparison ends there.
While SU fans are great fans, this is one of two counterproductive things they do. One is to pick on a guy and, shall I say, over-encourage him to shoot all the time. Matt Roe comes to mind - a very good all-around player, the fans ruined him urging him to shoot as soon as he touched it. He finally had to leave and transfer to Maryland to escape the Hell the fans created for him here.

The other counter-productive thing is the clapping at the start of each half that keeps going until we score a basket. This only puts added pressure on us, and probably contributes to the chronically poor starts we get off to at the beginning of games. We should be clapping until the OTHER team scores to put the pressure on them.

While SU fans are great fans, this is one of two counterproductive things they do. One is to pick on a guy and, shall I say, over-encourage him to shoot all the time. Matt Roe comes to mind - a very good all-around player, the fans ruined him urging him to shoot as soon as he touched it. He finally had to leave and transfer to Maryland to escape the Hell the fans created for him here.

The other counter-productive thing is the clapping at the start of each half that keeps going until we score a basket. This only puts added pressure on us, and probably contributes to the chronically poor starts we get off to at the beginning of games. We should be clapping until the OTHER team scores to put the pressure on them.

Given the actual pressure that basketball players face -- in opponents' arenas, in the classrom, in their everyday lives -- I find it very difficult to believe that rhythmic clapping from 20% of the Dome crowd has any effect on their performance.

It's a cool tradition; if anything, I'm sorry that so few participate in it these days (especially considering what little unique college basketball atmosphere exists in the Dome).

having been there many times i can say the standing thing can get awkward and may actually add pressure out of the gate.