Cooney Is The Difference Maker | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney Is The Difference Maker

Maybe I'm wrong. I love Grant but I thought if he was iffy today; he had a few nice plays but he seemed tentative on offense and wasn't super active on the glass. He was still solid, but I thought he could have plaeyd way better. I'm probably being picky though.

I liked the fact that he didn't force too much. Just took what was there (with AUTHORITY!) and played good D.

The third foul called on Rak was easily the worst call of the season. There was absolutely no contact whatsoever. None.

He needs to keep his arms up straight. He had just the slightest bend in the elbows and they called it on him. I hate those cheap calls!

The third foul called on Rak was easily the worst call of the season. There was absolutely no contact whatsoever. None.

Actually thought I saw a half-dozen or so of those phantom fouls. That wasn't a strong crew, but it's really hard to be consistent in a game where there's such a disparity in ability. But anyway as for Rak, he brings a lot of it on himself because he takes some otherwise dumb fouls. All you have to do is raise your eyebrows and he'll jump over the backboard. Sad to say it, but that's one thing he sure hasn't improved on at all this year.

Last edited:
He needs to keep his arms up straight. He had just the slightest bend in the elbows and they called it on him. I hate those cheap calls!

He wasn't on d. He was standing behind two wmu defenders and they called him for a push but he didn't even touch anyone.

I don't remember that one, but I'm not surprised he got that kind of call. He gripes, throws up his hands and makes a spectacle of himself every time he's called. Sometimes even when he isn't the one the foul is called on. Officials get a little tired of this and it can mean the difference between a call and a no call.

The third foul was on a rebound. Rak may have slightly pushed the lower back of the WMU player, and the ball went out of bounds a second later. It was a cheap foul and a late whistle

The third foul was on a rebound. Rak may have slightly pushed the lower back of the WMU player, and the ball went out of bounds a second later. It was a cheap foul and a late whistle

Oh yeah, that one was really cheap. Three people could have hit it out of bounds. How they picked Rak out of that crowd was completely BS.

≥ three 3s from him per game and we're golden
I said last week, Cooney "averages" 2.75 threes a game, The problem is that he doesn't hit 3 a game. He gets 4, or 5 or 6 or more then none for a few games. His nine against ND meant he wasn't going to get any for 2. If he actually hit 2 or3 a game, SU would have a lot less problems.

As much as I am happy Cooney had a good game. The difference today was our defense, they looked like a sad lost puppy against the zone.

cooney played well. excellent. but the competition is not the greatest. he does well against less than stellar athletes.

Cooney/Grant/Ennis with CJ as the other guy make the offense title worthy. CJ putting up a ton of jumpers and playing one on one and we hope the other team cant shoot. Whole team played better today and Mike G was aggressive off the bounce. Lots of good things to push us forward. Felt like a heavy weight was lifted and the team played as such. Think CJ might be realizing the offensive glass and attacking open lanes has to be his game. CJ played a great under control 2nd half.
A little bit of an overreaction to say he is realizing something after we play one good game against a bad team

We definitely goes as Cooney goes. It's amazing how much better our offense looks when Trevor is knocking down shots. It's too all or nothing though. I'd rather have game to game steady performances then these streaks of highs and lows. Let's hope he got some confidence back.

I don't remember that one, but I'm not surprised he got that kind of call. He gripes, throws up his hands and makes a spectacle of himself every time he's called. Sometimes even when he isn't the one the foul is called on. Officials get a little tired of this and it can mean the difference between a call and a no call.

Come on he's not that bad. He has cut that out a lot the past 3 or 4 weeks. He either saw what he looked like, or someone said something because he doesn't do it nearly as much. Plus even if he did the refs aren't going to look to hit him with a foul for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom