Cooney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney

you have to be kidding. JB has no faith in him, and he shouldn't. you won't be looking forward to much come BE, cause JB will ride MCW/Triche 35m+ if he can
How long have you followed syracuse basketball? Cooney will be fine.

you have to be kidding. JB has no faith in him, and he shouldn't. you won't be looking forward to much come BE, cause JB will ride MCW/Triche 35m+ if he can

How do you know JB has no faith in him?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sounds like the crap people said about rautins his freshman year. waste of a scholarship!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Perfect example

Cooney will continue to get around 20 min a game. I don't even have to think twice about saying it.

Guess I missed that piece of crap then. Cooney brings more to the game then just shooting. He's better than he was after the 3rd game skippy. He's improving and I'll remind you in 5 weeks either way. I'll man up and eat crow if I'm wrong. Will you? lol.

i don't know what game you are watching, but i will have no problem. i want syracuse to succeed and he is going to have to give them at least a few minutes in big games. he just doesn't do anything positive when he is out there. i will happily eat crow, or whatever you want to call it. i just have a feeling he will be grouped in the same category as mookie jones, josh wright, james theus, louis mccrosky category

Cooney will continue to get around 20 min a game. I don't even have to think twice about saying it.

I would definitely take the under on this one.

I think Cooney will probably be a pretty good player, but it's also fair to say he hasn't been all that good this year. There are reasons for that, and that's fine, but for a shooter, he's got a true shooting below 50%, which is really not good. I'm not writing the guy off, but for a shooter, he hasn't shot all that well.

His steal rate, in limited minutes, is really high though. I expect the shots will start falling before too long

i don't know what game you are watching, but i will have no problem. i want syracuse to succeed and he is going to have to give them at least a few minutes in big games. he just doesn't do anything positive when he is out there. i will happily eat crow, or whatever you want to call it. i just have a feeling he will be grouped in the same category as mookie jones, josh wright, james theus, louis mccrosky category
Alright now you are just being funny.

Not even close to the same. Those guys can't bring Cooney's jock to the game. Stick around. Is DC going to be the same player down the road? Fab could hardly get up and down the court two years ago. With a guy with the skill Cooney has, it's about time and confidance.

The kid had sugery and he's pretty much playing catch up. He is going to be a good one.

He had a tonsilectomy, not surgery on his legs.

Again, I am not writing him off, I think he will be good, but I am not sure he is going to be as good as we need him to be this season. He is the only guy who can really be relied on to spell BT or MCW. We are very reliant on our guards for offense so I think it will make it tough to use him as the opponents get tougher unless he can get it together because we won't be able to afford to have him on the floor.

And as for the comment that he has started to hit threes his last few games. He hasn't started to hit them at a reasonable percentage yet. He has had three good games percentage wise this season Wagner (.400), Long Beach State (.429) and Monmouth (.556). He hit no threes in consecutive games against Canisius, Detroit and Temple and he was just 2 of 6 against Alcorn and 2 of 7 today against CCSU.

Don't quit your day job, nostradamus. :cool:

andy rautins was a player, and these are 2 totally different players. rautins is a legit 6'5, is an excellent passer, ball hander, and one of the smartest players we have had. you wouldn't see rautins reaching in on defensive rebounds, or other stupid fouls cooney has committed this year. and their shot isn't even close. rautins has a fluid motion, with no much elevation. cooney has way too much going on.

Around 15 -20 .

We'll see, I would be very surprised. He's averaging 15 minutes per game against the easy part of the schedule. He got 8 minutes against Temple (and I believe MCW had a little bit of foul trouble in that game); I think he'll be closer to the 8-10 range starting Wednesday

He had a tonsilectomy, not surgery on his legs.

Again, I am not writing him off, I think he will be good, but I am not sure he is going to be as good as we need him to be this season. He is the only guy who can really be relied on to spell BT or MCW. We are very reliant on our guards for offense so I think it will make it tough to use him as the opponents get tougher unless he can get it together because we won't be able to afford to have him on the floor.

And as for the comment that he has started to hit threes his last few games. He hasn't started to hit them at a reasonable percentage yet. He has had three good games percentage wise this season Wagner, Long Beach State and Monmouth. He hit no threes in consecutive games against Canisius, Detroit and Temple and he was just 2 of 6 against Alcorn and 2 of 7 today against CCSU.
Just sit back relax and watch the threes fall.

We'll see, I would be very surprised. He's averaging 15 minutes per game against the easy part of the schedule. He got 8 minutes against Temple (and I believe MCW had a little bit of foul trouble in that game); I think he'll be closer to the 8-10 range starting Wednesday
He was getting that when he was playing like poop.

You mean he'll start getting around 20 minutes per game, because he's averaging just 15.4 minutes to this point and only got 19 today.

There is almost no chance that he will get 20 minutes per game from here on out, unless we lose MCW or BT.

Not even close to the same. Those guys can't bring Cooney's jock to the game. Stick around. Is DC going to be the same player down the road? Fab could hardly get up and down the court two years ago. With a guy with the skill Cooney has, it's about time and confidance.

coleman will be a very productive player for us. he can rebound, and rebounds even now as a true fr. that is his strength, and he is productive at it even now. what is cooneys?

He was getting that when he was playing like poop.

Show me the bench player in the JB era whose minutes increased significantly from the OOC portion of the schedule to the conference portion. In the absence of an injury or suspension I'd be shocked if there is such a player.

Referencing those players leaves me speechless. Wow, he may as well transfer and maybe he can play next January against Uconn in the Colonial.

You mean he'll start getting around 20 minutes per game, because he's averaging just 15.4 minutes to this point and only got 19 today.

There is almost no chance that he will get 20 minutes per game from here on out, unless we lose MCW or BT.
There will be a point where his play will demand more minutes, it will be soon. That's my prediction.

Show me the bench player in the JB era whose minutes increased significantly from the OOC portion of the schedule to the conference portion. In the absence of an injury or suspension I'd be shocked if there is such a player.
This is a different situation.

coleman will be a very productive player for us. he can rebound, and rebounds even now as a true fr. that is his strength, and he is productive at it even now. what is cooneys?

One area where Cooney has been contributing has been on the defensive end. Cooney has show good defensive potential, for the most part. He's certainly contributing in that way, whether he's scoring or not. He's also showed better than expected [in terms of what I expected] aptitude taking the ball to the hole. Has he been inconsistent? Sure--but he's also a freshman getting his first dose of PT.

Knicks is correct about his shooting performance thus far, but let's also keep that in perspective. He went through that abysmal multi-game stretch early in the season where he couldn't BUY a bucket. Would be interesting to see what his percentages look like factoring those games out [not that these games shouldn't count statistically, but he has played / shot better offensively after breaking that slump.

Referencing those players leaves me speechless. Wow, he may as well transfer and maybe he can play next January against Uconn in the Colonial.
if he didn't already burn a redshirt, maybe he would with the players we will have coming in the next 2 years.

i wouldn't be so hard on him if he was a true fr, but being a rs fr your he should be producing. your biggest jump is from your fr yr to your so. yr, and i don't care if he didn't play last year or not, mcw basically didn't play. he still practiced every single day against guys like dion waiters, scoop, triche, mcw. we should be seeing a lot more right now. i know everyone wants to see the next great white hope, but you guys are stretching it...big time