Coooooooooney | Syracusefan.com

Coooooooooney

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
I have high expectations for this guy next yr. I know thats pretty bold considering he hasnt played a collegiate game yet. But, just watching him in warmups, i get pretty excited about his future. Hes a terrific shooter but also very, very athletic. I think this RS yr will greatly improve his game (like it had helped scoop and rautins). He'll probably be the 6th man next yr but he will be seeing alot of minutes next yr.

If Triche can play like he has of late, and MCW plays like we all think he can, throw in Cooney, and you have a pretty exciting backcourt. And big.

Totally agree. We are truely blessed to have a guy so team oriented as to take a redshirt year to work hard in practice and soak up wisdom from the vets while hitting the weights hard. And we still get 4 years of play from him. A 6-4 guard who can shoot the lights-out, but is also athletic, with USA Basketball experience (USA Under 18 team 2010 that won gold)...this guy is going to be extremely important to our program these next 4 years...he's gonna be one of those players where you see him still playing 3-4 years from now and you say "that guy didn't graduate yet?" SU fans will be saying that with excitement, and opposing fans with disgust. Future is bright.

This morning, I was thinking to myself that if Dion leaves, we're not going to be very deep at the guard position with only BT and MCW.
With or without Noel, we're looking pretty good with the guys at the forward and center position, but was worrying about not having much depth at guard.
Completely forgot that we've got Cooney waiting in the wings.
Things are looking really good for next year to make another run at the NC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom