Copeland comp | Syracusefan.com

Copeland comp

Cuseball

Starter
Right now he seems to be modeling his game after showboating PG’s who emphasize flashy plays and I don’t think that will be his ticket to becoming a solid college player. How about trying to emulate the game of Andre Jackson? Andre built his rep on athleticism, defense and court vision. He could dominate a game without scoring and got drafted because of that. Cope is not at Andre’s level on any of those three things but they should be Cope’s strengths. He’s a good athlete, good ball handler, good passer and has the potential to be a good defender. Shooting will never be a strength so emphasize the other things and cut down on the silly mistakes.

Cuse!

Andre Jackson is an elite athlete and based off evidence thus far, has a basketball IQ about a thousand times higher than Qs.
How about Josh Pace with (usually useless) hot sauce.

I've seen amateur players like Q. Quicker than anyone else but error prone and a poor shooter. That is who he is. I no longer expect change.

copeland needs to set his phaser to disrupter mode . create turnovers, board and breakaway dunk.

Cope buys into his role as off the bench energy spark and glue guy. Love that he embraces it and doesn’t try to be Judah instead.

He's a bit of a chaos agent, which I really like - very unpredictable with the ball in his hands, he just needs to read the lanes better and pick his drives that have light at the end of the tunnel.

He gets out of control too often and that is when the mistakes happen.

That's totally coachable tho and he should get better with coaching and experience.

He's also been the one semi-bright spot in the rebounding game he's quick, knows when to crash the board, and actually times his jump fairly well.

Last edited:
Copeland looks like the kid who is playing in a pickup game where fancy stuff gets ooohs and aahs and mistakes get laughed off. Here they turned into 2 pts the other way that matter.
That’s it. He’s Rucker Park. With some schmuck with a microphone trying to make rhymes out of the play-by-play.

He is what he is, but I still have hopes that his game will mature or he’ll just get a bit more skilled and the number/frequency of gaffes will be diminished.

With a staff of solid guards, I would think someone would be able to get through to him. 15% less flash and a more judicious use of speed/pace would serve him well. He has the potential to help us a lot, with assists, rebounding, and defensive disruption. But at some point, the player has to examine his own plus/minus contributions and make adjustments.

That’s it. He’s Rucker Park. With some schmuck with a microphone trying to make rhymes out of the play-by-play.

He is what he is, but I still have hopes that his game will mature or he’ll just get a bit more skilled and the number/frequency of gaffes will be diminished.

With a staff of solid guards, I would think someone would be able to get through to him. 15% less flash and a more judicious use of speed/pace would serve him well. He has the potential to help us a lot, with assists, rebounding, and defensive disruption. But at some point, the player has to examine his own plus/minus contributions and make adjustments.
I love those schmucks!

I don't think you want to tame Cope too much. Yes, he needs to make better decisions at times with the ball. That said, his game fits his personality. It will evolve - I already think it has. Love me some Cope (particularly with a team that to be honest, isn't my favorite cast of characters compared to years past).

Jalen Carey but a better rebounder.
is he still playing? I don’t see him on Rhode Island's roster? I thought he had one more year.

Last edited:
lol video is blurry!
But Doc Rivers.
Not the quality and probably very little chance the success (this level or next), but the similarities. Draws charges, on the floor for the loose ball. Head up like a PG to see guys breaking down the court and delivering the pass. He wasn't ultra flashy, but a lot of toughness, rebounding, physicality in a big lead guard.
You be the judge - if you can see the video clearly :)

He's a Pistol Pete in the making!

is he still playing? I don’t see him on Rhode Island's roster? I thought he hsd one more year.
No idea. Seems like a lifetime ago though. He wasn’t Moyers class was he?

No idea. Seems like a lifetime ago though. He wasn’t Moyers class was he?
He might have. Started at PG but got replaced early on. Played 2 games in second year and injured his thumb and redshirted. Transferred and played 3 years at Rhody. Never lived up to hype, was a bench player and role player at Rhody although he got almost 30 minutes a game last season.

Last edited:
Big bad Bobby Braswell nearly had a career night in scoring yesterday.
4 for 4 from the field
3 for 3 from deep
4 for 4 from the line
2 blocks
1 rebound
All in 20 minutes
Still balling

4 for 4 from the field
3 for 3 from deep
4 for 4 from the line
2 blocks
1 rebound
All in 20 minutes
Still balling
always liked Brass

always liked Brass
giphy.gif

4 for 4 from the field
3 for 3 from deep
4 for 4 from the line
2 blocks
1 rebound
All in 20 minutes
Still balling

always liked Brass
He was one of those guys who came in, did his job and what was asked from him. Probably never had the potential to be a star but one of those guys that every great team has. Loved his game.

Right now he seems to be modeling his game after showboating PG’s who emphasize flashy plays and I don’t think that will be his ticket to becoming a solid college player. How about trying to emulate the game of Andre Jackson? Andre built his rep on athleticism, defense and court vision. He could dominate a game without scoring and got drafted because of that. Cope is not at Andre’s level on any of those three things but they should be Cope’s strengths. He’s a good athlete, good ball handler, good passer and has the potential to be a good defender. Shooting will never be a strength so emphasize the other things and cut down on the silly mistakes.

Cuse!
To me that means there’s a lot of room for improvement. He’s just a soph so I think he will and become a solid player.

Huge step backwards this year unplayable if we aren’t pressing. Those minutes need to go to Cuffe for now.

Don’t see the ship being righted next year either. Too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom