Corey Winfield | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Corey Winfield

522078.jpg

I thought he deserved his own thread with his own heading since we have offered him and he visited this past weekend. He is one of two recruits we are trying to wrestle away from Northern Illinios. Both love the idea of coming here together and playing in the ACC. Jarrod West was his host and tipped him that playing time could come as early as the 2013 season.

This weekend SU's recruits got to see the upgraded facilities, eat at the Dino and try their hands at managing go carts through the twists and turns at Pole Position which is located in Congel's mall.

SU trotted out the best professors and department heads to show the prospects the advantage of pursuing their majors here in Syracuse.

The coaching staff made a huge impression on these candidates and by the sounds of it, blew away the competition. The families loved the whole process. It won't be long before we might see the fruits of their labor.

Some numbers on Corey

6-2 185 4.47 40

Offers

No Ill

SU

Ball St

Miami (Oh)

Purdue
------------------

Found more info on Corey W.:

""Northern Illinois was the first of seven schools to extend a scholarship offer to Winfield. He picked the Huskies over offers from Purdue, Ball State, Western Kentucky, Wyoming, Arkansas State and Miami-Ohio.

“When I went to visit Northern Illinois, they took me on a tour of the school and showed me everything — the biggest thing was they have a mechanical engineering program,” he said.

Winfield became a sought-after prospect in the spring of his junior year after showing off his athleticism on the camp/combine circuit. He impressed at the Elite Football Combine on Feb. 18, 2012 at Rams Park when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds, recorded a vertical leap of 39½ inches and a broad jump of 10 feet 4 inches.

Winfield caught 27 passes for 510 yards and scored a team-high nine touchdowns as a junior. As a sophomore, he caught 16 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns.""

Mech E and that type of athleticism. Sounds like a diamond in the rough.

I think he looks slow on the video but the fields are in terrible shape. His QB isn't very good either. Clips show me outstanding athleticism though and definitely has some hops. Looks like he's pretty solid physically to.

I'd agree with CIL that he looks like a great athlete but raw.

I think he looks slow on the video but the fields are in terrible shape. His QB isn't very good either. Clips show me outstanding athleticism though and definitely has some hops. Looks like he's pretty solid physically to.

I'd agree with CIL that he looks like a great athlete but raw.
I love his ability to get YAC. We haven't had an athlete with his cut-back ability in some time.

Reading his commitment article on TOS, it seemed like he was the most excited about the teachers showing him the Mechanical Engineering program, almost moreso than the football program. Gotta love kids like that. Think Engineering was what sold Trudo on coming here too.

solid speed, field-vision and hops. Looks like a playmaker! Way to go HCSS and staff!!!

Reading his commitment article on TOS, it seemed like he was the most excited about the teachers showing him the Mechanical Engineering program, almost moreso than the football program. Gotta love kids like that. Think Engineering was what sold Trudo on coming here too.
Doesn't hurt having solid educational institution behind it all, that is for sure. Kudos to all the SU staff on this one, not just our coaches. Bnoro, you know I am a skeptic, but what Shaf has done in procurring staff and just the kids that are now interested in our program, I think we are in great shape moving forward regardless of how this recruiting year ends up. Like AllState Says, "Your in good hands with..."!!!!! But it wouldn't surprise me at all that Shaf and his team close out the recruiting season strong. So, I guess I'm saying, I'm all in my man! When does Spring Parctice begin! :cool:

Since he is now on board with SU does that mean he will drop down to 2 star?

2c91f7d2632b11e2a57122000a1fbe0e_7.jpg

Instagram photos taken by Corey on his visit last weekend (found the link on the Northern Illinois board)

Nice, which board did you get that from? I tried to access there board on CSN and its saying I am banned, I have never in my life accessed a board on CSN I have no idea how my IP is banned.

Nice, which board did you get that from? I tried to access there board on CSN and its saying I am banned, I have never in my life accessed a board on CSN I have no idea how my IP is banned.

It was from the CSN board.

I like this kid, I have high hopes for him. Looks good in the video, he didn't seem to want to go down. Crafty and elusive as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom