Cornell Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

from the IL.com recap

Per NCAA rules, teams must take a day off in a week. Syracuse prepped for Cornell right after the Hobart game, then took Sunday off and came back Monday to do some warmups and final film for the Big Red. Now, they can work Wednesday, Thursday and travel Friday for Saturday’s game.

One player who didn’t take much rest was Williams. He took all but one draw.

“It was more he was in the flow. He had a good rhythm, technique was good…we wanted to keep feeding that,” Desko said.

“He’s been working on some things. It’s been great to get him out there and succeed on the things he’s been working on. We really wanted to keep beating that drum and let him get back in that flow,” he said.

:noidea:

from the IL.com recap

Per NCAA rules, teams must take a day off in a week. Syracuse prepped for Cornell right after the Hobart game, then took Sunday off and came back Monday to do some warmups and final film for the Big Red. Now, they can work Wednesday, Thursday and travel Friday for Saturday’s game.

One player who didn’t take much rest was Williams. He took all but one draw.

“It was more he was in the flow. He had a good rhythm, technique was good…we wanted to keep feeding that,” Desko said.

“He’s been working on some things. It’s been great to get him out there and succeed on the things he’s been working on. We really wanted to keep beating that drum and let him get back in that flow,” he said.

:noidea:

If I had to make a case supporting the decision I would say that Dekso is trying to build up his stamina for the stretch run and get him as many reps as possible while he's at 100% to get him re-locked in. Personally I would have sat him for 95% of the 4th quarter but I sort of get what Desko is doing. The key test is going to be Saturday as Kelly has barely practiced since like early March due to his own injuries but both are coming off pretty dominant performances. Wing play is going to be critical. I thought our wing play was probably the best it has been all year, for them to get 5gbs between them is huge because that's unfortunately a lot.

Hahaha. One would think after the ND game that teams would double pole the 1st line. I'm interested to see if UNC will be that team

Cornell did double pole the midfield in the second quarter for a few possession and then abruptly stopped. Desko brought in Rehfuss when they did that and they put a shorty on Bomberry. Unclear as to why Cornell abandoned it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom